Disembark

FredaFlinstone

My wife and I had four items of luggage so would have needed a lift to get down from the 12th Deck.

Judging by the queues for the lifts on the final morning we would still have been waiting to get off when the normal disembarkation started!

7 hours ago, FangedRose said:

Not if you just want to get fed before doing something more interesting.

I've tried not sharing but they treat a group of "tables for two" as one large table and it was no faster.

I am never in a hurry to eat. I like leisurely, sociable meals. 

• Like 2

On 10/24/2023 at 12:02 PM, Bill Y said:

Certainly would not advise going via London unless a stop off there is planned and it costs more.

When we have used the train in the past we used a X Country service and changed at Reading. From what I can remember the service started at Bournemouth was hourly, did not need to be booked/reserved in advance, went on via Birmingham I think to the north east but but imagine that you could change for Liverpool in the midlands. Worth seeing if the service still exists.

It exists. Used to be direct to Newcastle,  now change at either Reading or Birmingham. 

Good service if you use the Baggage Handling Company and travel with hand luggage. 

I'm flying Newcastle to Southampton in 2 weeks. I prefer the train but so many strikes. 

1 hour ago, Clodia said:

It exists. Used to be direct to Newcastle,  now change at either Reading or Birmingham. 

Good service if you use the Baggage Handling Company and travel with hand luggage. 

I'm flying Newcastle to Southampton in 2 weeks. I prefer the train but so many strikes. 

I think that the direct trains from Aberdeen to Plymouth and Newcastle to Bournemouth may be summer timetable only 

On 10/25/2023 at 2:31 PM, Pine Man said:

My wife and I had four items of luggage so would have needed a lift to get down from the 12th Deck.

Judging by the queues for the lifts on the final morning we would still have been waiting to get off when the normal disembarkation started!

We were on Deck 8.  No problem getting a lift at 0745.  One case each.

Edited by jeanlyon

On 10/24/2023 at 9:52 AM, FredaFlinstone said:

Hi, i know, not even got on the cruise yet!! 

But wondering what time we would normally be allowed to disembark Arcadia if we take our own bags off.

Just trying to work out times for trains back up to Liverpool.

Thanks all

Hi

Did the train once takes the same time as Eavesway coaches from Liverpool and often the coach is cheaper.

There are trains every hour,two at the same time sometimes.

On with one change at Wolverhampton,,,the other with two changes at Wolverhampton and Crew,,,,,,the one with two changes often arrives in Liverpool a couple of minutes earlier than the one with one change,,,both just over 5 hours.

The first one to suit self disembark is at 08:15.

• Thanks 1

All CrossCountry trains from Southampton route to Birmingham New Street and the vast vast vast majority onto Manchester Piccadilly.  For Derby - Sheffield - Leeds - York - Newcastle and the north change at Birmingham New Street.  For Liverpool Lime Street the XC train through to Wolverhampton / Stafford may make for an easier change with luggage, may even be same platform.  Though they have much fewer facilities than New Street, especially if you have a longer change.