Future Cruise Deposit UK - Cancellation Charge Question

Tigrou

Today I have booked using a FCD for the first time.  FCD value for a UK booking is £75 and that's what shows as the deposit on the confirmation.

However, under the Cancellation Schedule it shows "15% of Total Charges" from today, ie the amount the deposit would have been if I hadn't used the FCD.

I wasn't expecting this, I expected any cancellation charge prior to PIF date to only be the deposit I've paid, ie the £75 FCD.  Same as when I booked on a £50 deposit offer, the cancellation charge shows as only £50 up to PIF date.

One of my reasons for buying FCDs recently was because I thought it would only tie me into £75 until PIF date rather than the full, non-refundable deposit. However, this doesn't appear to be the case.

Could anyone who books using FCD in the UK please tell me if this is correct or not?

6 minutes ago, antsp said:

If you cancel you will loose the fcd £75, that's all

But that isn't what it shows on the confirmation, hence my concern.  It clearly states, "Cancellation Schedule - 24 Oct 23 - 15% of Total Charges".

Just now, antsp said:

No when you use a fcd

Which is what I understood.

But I've just spent 45 minutes on a call with 2 Princess agents, clearly overseas.  (It sounds as if they're working in a football stadium where there's a very loud match on!  Wherever they are, why don't they use headsets so we don't hear the background noise?)  First one kept insisting that I was correct, the cancellation would only be £75, but she also insisted that the confirmation was correct and the cancellation would be 15%!  Aargh!!  We just kept going around and around in circles.

I asked to be put through to someone in the UK but instead got a 'supervisor' who initially confirmed the same conflicting information.  Again I asked to speak to someone in the UK but after waiting 10 minutes it was the same overseas supervisor who came back and insisted that if I cancel it will cost 15%.  However, I have no faith that she is right because I'm not convinced she understood what I was talking about when I mentioned Future Cruise Deposit.

Hopefully it won't matter for this particular cruise as PIF is only a couple of months away.  But I just want to get the correct information for future reference.

1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

Which is what I understood.

But I've just spent 45 minutes on a call with 2 Princess agents, clearly overseas.  (It sounds as if they're working in a football stadium where there's a very loud match on!  Wherever they are, why don't they use headsets so we don't hear the background noise?)  First one kept insisting that I was correct, the cancellation would only be £75, but she also insisted that the confirmation was correct and the cancellation would be 15%!  Aargh!!  We just kept going around and around in circles.

I asked to be put through to someone in the UK but instead got a 'supervisor' who initially confirmed the same conflicting information.  Again I asked to speak to someone in the UK but after waiting 10 minutes it was the same overseas supervisor who came back and insisted that if I cancel it will cost 15%.  However, I have no faith that she is right because I'm not convinced she understood what I was talking about when I mentioned Future Cruise Deposit.

Hopefully it won't matter for this particular cruise as PIF is only a couple of months away.  But I just want to get the correct information for future reference.

You are fretting over standard boilerplate text that is not customized when a guest used a FCD.  I'd be satisfied with your two fellow UK citizens who posted that all you lose is the FCD.

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You are fretting over standard boilerplate text that is not customized when a guest used a FCD.  I'd be satisfied with your two fellow UK citizens who posted that all you lose is the FCD.

I have now emailed Princess customer relations in the hope of getting it 'in writing'.

I very much appreciate the confirmation from @antsp and @Geoffa30, it is reassuring.  But ideally I want it confirmed in writing by Princess because ultimately, if I did have to cancel, it's Princess who would process it.  And if it had been either of the agents I spoke to tonight, they would have charged me the 15%.