Uber from Los Angeles/San Pedro Cruise Port

Therese S.

We are doing the 7 day CA Coastal from SF on the Crown and have been wait-listed for two months now for an excursion to the Getty Center in LA.  In case we dont clear the wait list when we board on Sunday,  I'm trying to make a backup plan. 

Questions -

Are Uber's allowed into the LA San Pedro Cruise port?

When using the Uber app to get an estimate of cost, two addresses for the cruise port pop up-  one listed as 100 Swinford St San Pedro, the other 425 S Palos Verdes St San Pedro.  Which is the correct address for Uber pickup?

Any suggestions for the best place to wait?  Should we go out onto the street or stay at the terminal?

Thank you

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Therese S. said:

We are doing the 7 day CA Coastal from SF on the Crown and have been wait-listed for two months now for an excursion to the Getty Center in LA.  In case we dont clear the wait list when we board on Sunday,  I'm trying to make a backup plan. 

Questions -

Are Uber's allowed into the LA San Pedro Cruise port?

When using the Uber app to get an estimate of cost, two addresses for the cruise port pop up-  one listed as 100 Swinford St San Pedro, the other 425 S Palos Verdes St San Pedro.  Which is the correct address for Uber pickup?

Any suggestions for the best place to wait?  Should we go out onto the street or stay at the terminal?

Thank you

A friend we met this month cruising did in fact take an uber home from the San Pedro port she lives in Los Angeles.  That being said the uber went to the wrong ship at first and I am not certain which address to use.  Maybe call customer service or hopefully someone else can provide that answer here.  Happy cruising!

November 1st? The Port of L.A. has the Crown scheduled for berth 92 which is along the channel at the World Cruise Center. The large parking, drop off and pick up area is off of Swinford Ave. I would think pick up/drop off would be right in front of the pier on the access road. You can see this on Google Maps. Google World Cruise Center, San Pedro  CA. When you order Uber make certain you include the pier number and the ship. Another Oceana ship is scheduled to be at berth 93 directly in front of the Crown. It could be busy. I would think that drivers know this area very well. Ships are there all the time. 

• Like 1

The meat of the question here is that you don't know how to find out where you will berth and you don't tell us which date you will be here to tell you. If you knew how to find out, you wouldn't need to ask. For future reference, this is a handy link to have and most ports post their schedule online.

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

First, you'll need to know which 7 day Crown California Coast sailings you will be on. Then know which date you will be in LA. Find which berth you will be. @skynight is correct, on Nov 1st, you will be at berth 92, which is the Palos Verdes address BTW. but know for your sailing if different. The address on Swinford is 93. When you make reservations, at least with Opoli, the company we use, just tell them the  LA cruise terminal and berth. When you get outside, you'll see people waiting for rides, that's the place. Do not walk out to Harbor Blvd.

Funny, we live in LA and enjoy the Arts, but have never been to the Getty. Can't help with that part. Enjoy!

We use Uber often to get to and from the pier in San Pedro...In fact we'll use it both ways home to ship and back for our upcoming December 1 cruise.  We've NEVER had a problem. 

Palos Verdes is actually a street two blocks west of the cruise terminal...but, when you google that address, it takes you to berth 93 somehow.  Swinford is actually the street that the cruise terminal entry is on.  If I had to input an address in the app, I'd probably just type in "Berth __, World Cruise Center, San Pedro"...BUT...

You really don't need the address.  Just walk out to the curb outside the terminal and log on to the Uber (or Lyft) app.  The system GPS will tell THEM exactly where you are...and it gives you the type and color of car, driver's name and license plate...then just watch for your car.  The road in front of all of the berths is a one-way loop.  All approacing cars come from your left.

The apps also have a feature allowing you to message or call your driver...and, since you can also track where he/she is and how many minutes away, you can also clear that issue up if it says the car is there and you don't see it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for your help and tips.  I'm very new to Uber.  We've been to the San Pedro cruise port multiple times but always boarding for the start of a cruise, never a port stop.  Its always seems so crazy and hectic.  Still hoping we clear the waitlist

• 4 weeks later...