Simply more?

Lmsundaze

We have an Alaska cruise booked on Regatta for May 2024.  We booked with Olife, buying our own air, and selected $600 onboard credit.  Would we be better off switching to Simply More?  That one we would get $800 for excursions, plus beer and wine.  Oceania excursions look expensive to me -- what have I not thought of for pros and cons?  New to Oceania and first cruise in many years.

Agree completely.  One of the problems with simply more is that as far as I know it was released in combination with other cruise increases.  Some here have indicated their cruise price went down, or stayed approximately the same.  Others a huge increase.  The issue seems to be that when you rebook under SM you might be paying a new and significantly higher base cruise cost than you had last year or previously.  Bottom line is to call your TA, or if no TA then call O directly and ask the current price for rebooking under SM.  It is worth a call for sure if you like what SM offers as it may add value for you.  As for tours, ships tours in general cost more than private and O would seem to be higher than most.  Cruises booked prior to SM will be your last chance to pay a cruise only fare, or in your case pay for olive benefits not available under SM.

Please let us know.

I agree that you should price it out and decide. We had the same issue with our Panama Canal cruise leaving next week. Initially, it looked like about a wash to us. The up charge was $798, but we figured (A) we would get free wine and beer; & (B) we would get a second Wi-Fi login to use as part of simplyMORE. Then, when Oceania decided to start extending the second Wi-Fi login to all cabins, whether booked through OLife or through simplyMORE, the deal no longer looked attractive to us, so we stayed with all OLife. 

Tom & Judy

As others have noted it depends. In my case I booked a Jan. 2024 cruise on board in March 2023.  Then this summer oceania came out with the extraordinary summer sale at 25%  off.  My cruise was included. I rebooked and saved $7,000.  Now have SM which saves me even more.  When you rebook you get current price but worth checking.

Edited by davencl
  • Like 1