Live Blog. October 28th, Mexican Rivera on Eclipse. A cruise of many firsts.....

calicakes

2 hours ago, luckiest1cruise said:

@calicakes Do all the regular balcony rooms have fridges or do you have to request them?  I am impressed with all you brought from home!  Did you pack the American cheese and your iced coffee in coke bottles in your checked luggage or in your carry on?   We are on the 12/1 sailing and are flying into LA from Ontario, Canada, but we have a day in between where we can purchase food or non-alcoholic beverages to bring with us (as I have multiple dietary requirements).  I just don't know what I can bring successfully on board with me.  Thanks!

Yes, there is a fridge. be careful not to drink any of the items out of the fridge. If you have a drink package, they will still charge you. We drove to the port. I packed my ice coffee and food in my carry on. 

3 hours ago, calicakes said:

Yes, there is a fridge. be careful not to drink any of the items out of the fridge. If you have a drink package, they will still charge you. We drove to the port. I packed my ice coffee and food in my carry on. 

You can also have the room steward empty it so you can put your stuff in.

14 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

You can also have the room steward empty it so you can put your stuff in.

We emptied it ourselves, but my wife drank a coke( we had a classic package).  A receipt was left in the room for 4 bucks and service fee.  Ridiculous.  We could have brought a coke back from any bar and put it back in the fridge.  This is the nickeling and diming I can't stand. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, calicakes said:

We emptied it ourselves, but my wife drank a coke( we had a classic package).  A receipt was left in the room for 4 bucks and service fee.  Ridiculous.  We could have brought a coke back from any bar and put it back in the fridge.  This is the nickeling and diming I can't stand. 

No it's not. CBPs don't cover the cost of any drinks in the stateroom mini cooler. 

Edited by doghog

10 minutes ago, doghog said:

No it's not. CBPs don't cover the cost of any drinks in the stateroom mini cooler. 

Yes, I know that now.  I still think its absolutely ridiculous to charge someone for a coke when as I stated, I could have went downstairs later and replaced it without them knowing I removed it. 

• Like 1

Just now, calicakes said:

Yes, I know that now.  I still think its absolutely ridiculous to charge someone for a coke when as I stated, I could have went downstairs later and replaced it without them knowing I removed it. 

Their rules. You should have been faster.