Live Blog. October 28th, Mexican Rivera on Eclipse. A cruise of many firsts.....

calicakes

43 minutes ago, calicakes said:

@CulverCityCruisers

when I saw that ham at the buffet, a literally gasped. I thought it looked more like dog food than human food. Thankfully I don’t eat ham so it’s not some thing I wanted..

How about the Bologna and Mortadella  They said "all new menus in the dinning room to bring back the quality that X is known for" (per my conversation with the Hotel Manager), but I guess that doesn't apply to the buffet.

IMG_7838.jpeg

• Like 1

Internet is spotty.  I upgraded too. 

We hung out at the pool today.  Julie played pickleball for almost 2hrs.  She ate mast grill for lunch        ( Turkey burger).  She said it was "fine"  I realized I forgot to bring some seasoning with me.  

Nothing on the MDR menu appealed to us so we ate at OV.  Tonight was a "French" theme.  They were even making crepe suzette.   The quiche was very spongy.  Julie tried a Paris Brest for dessert.  She said it was ok.  They do seem to have a lot of new items on the buffet.  At least it appears that way from our last X cruise on Reflection in Sept 2022.   

Lunch at OV was Greek.  Lots of Greek items, I had some tuna salad from the spa cafe.  I was happy to see they are using albacore at the spa cafe, but its still chunk light on the buffet.  I made a salad from the buffet.   

The sun was strong, although it was a bit windy.  I took an afternoon nap.  Tomorrow we have massages in Cabo at 4pm( 36 USD for 1hr) and we'll have dinner there.  I really want a good fish taco!! 

• Like 9

Ocean View

The sliced deli turkey looked horrible, it looks just like the ham and other cold cuts that @CulverCityCruisers posted.  Inedible.  

My wife said the cheesecake was good.  Did they ever serve French dressing?  I haven't seen it since we boarded.  

We arrived in Cabo, waiting to tender. 

• Like 1

They made numerous announcements this morning, asking for blood donors with a blood donor card O positive and then O negative.  My wife is O positive.  They would not let her donate, they only want MALE blood.    The only explanation I can think of is if the patient is Muslim. 

• Like 2

thanks for the tip about the better tuna  at the spa cafe.. I find there is some good food there..used to have the best salmon for lunch!  May be discontinued.

No more cold cuts pics needed..they make me gag! Ugh!

Hope Cabo was fun!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

thanks for the tip about the better tuna  at the spa cafe.. I find there is some good food there..used to have the best salmon for lunch!  May be discontinued.

No more cold cuts pics needed..they make me gag! Ugh!

Hope Cabo was fun!

Our tender ticket is 18.  They said it would take about an hour for that number to be called.  We're still waiting.  

• Like 1

Just now, Beachlover1989 said:

Didn't I see you say you're Elite with Celebrity?  If so, you should be able to get tender priority...

Nope, still select.  Maybe after this cruise we'll be Elite.  

On 10/29/2023 at 1:58 PM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Finally got the photo of the "ham" that is being served in the Oceanview Cafe.  Sorry, but this is what you would expect from Carnival, NOT X

IMG_7837.jpeg

I defiantly wouldn't be eating that.   Looks very unappetizing.

22 hours ago, calicakes said:

@CulverCityCruisers

when I saw that ham at the buffet, a literally gasped. I thought it looked more like dog food than human food. Thankfully I don’t eat ham so it’s not some thing I wanted..

Hate to say it.... I wouldn't even give it to my dog.   But again I no longer have a dog.   I don't know if I would give it to my garbage disposal.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, calicakes said:

They made numerous announcements this morning, asking for blood donors with a blood donor card O positive and then O negative.  My wife is O positive.  They would not let her donate, they only want MALE blood.    The only explanation I can think of is if the patient is Muslim. 

My work used to do blood donations, I got shamed once for not donating but then I had to point out Canada Blood donations refused to take mine due to the fact I lived in the UK in the 80's

Well, we took an uber. 6 usd to sand bar. There was an issue with the massage changed our appointment for tomorrow morning. We had a very overpriced mixed fajita at The Office. Shrimp on the side not pictured. 36usd. We walked bock to the dock. Tomorrow I'll find a Baja fish taco. We had a filled churro from.a stand. 50 pesos. Julie gave a donation to hold this owl.

20231030_164549.jpg

20231030_170219.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, that was a very rocky ride back to the ship.  There was another tender boarding so we sat for what felt like 10 long minutes, rocking back and forth until the other boat left.  Our tender boat( lifeboat) ran into the dock, it definitely sounded like something cracked.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, calicakes said:

Wow.

On 10/29/2023 at 4:58 PM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Finally got the photo of the "ham" that is being served in the Oceanview Cafe.  Sorry, but this is what you would expect from Carnival, NOT X

IMG_7837.jpeg

My big orange cat wouldn't eat this, and he eats any kind of meat.🤢

I finally got my fish tacos. My wife had cheese enchiladas, but they were not good. My fish tacos were good comma I was just turned off because of the million flies. While we were eating, I was using a paper fan to keep the flies off my food.

20231031_113627.jpg

20231031_113624.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 4:19 PM, calicakes said:

Pathologist, here.  They may have needed the plasma or platelets from the blood donation. Men, in general, have less antibodies that can cause blood transfusion reactions when infused in the recipient, because they don’t get pregnant and host another human for 9 months.  That is why they likely asked for male donors.

trip sounds awesome. Will be on the Eclipse in February and enjoying the reports.

Edited by kmsnyg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3