Live Blog. October 28th, Mexican Rivera on Eclipse. A cruise of many firsts.....

calicakes

15 hours ago, calicakes said:

Btw, we booked a Galapagos trip for Oct 2025 on Flora.  I had some weird dreams last night, involving money and Julie getting a part time job.  I can't believe we're going to spend that much $$$ on a cruise.  

Wow... excited to hear but haven't talked Iain into it yet.    To me that would be a cruise of a life time.  As Iain says....It's only money we can't take it with us.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

Can you share the name of the massage place?

Thanks

sand Bar. It’s about a 30 min walk from ship or a 6 dollar Uber. It’s on medrano beach. I booked online, paid in US money. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm rolling on the floor imagining you asking for a straw for your Cranberry Sauce.   How difficult it it to add a bit of pectin.   I had some once that was the opposite and was like eating cranberry gummy  bears.

Have you noticed any changes to the Menu.  Some are reporting they are starting to add back items to the menu.

I haven’t noticed any changes yet. Tonight is lobster night.

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

sand Bar. It’s about a 30 min walk from ship or a 6 dollar Uber. It’s on

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

sand Bar. It’s about a 30 min walk from ship or a 6 dollar Uber. It’s on medrano beach. I booked online, paid in US money. 

medrano beach. I booked online, paid in US money. 

Thanks, had to cancel a cruise to CSL earlier this year,  I will bookmark this info for next year!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

5 hours ago, calicakes said:

@Jim_Iainhere’s the thing cranberries are naturally high in pectin. They puréed the crap out of it. I never even saw a many cranberries. 

I hate to say it but I really like the Ocean Spray Canned -   You know the one where you cut both ends off and serve it with the ripples showing.   As they say you can take the Boy out of the country, but not the Country out of the Boy.

image.jpeg.d310a9705858a7727e408f3283600073.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

I hate to say it but I really like the Ocean Spray Canned -   You know the one where you cut both ends off and serve it with the ripples showing.   As they say you can take the Boy out of the country, but not the Country out of the Boy.

That is what my mom served every Thanksgiving.  LOL.  I'm sure back in the day, it wasn't made with high fructose corn syrup. 

MDR for dinner tonight.  It was Lobster night.  It was supposed to have been served with rice pilaf. the rice was NOT rice pilaf.  Julie gave me her lobster tail too and ordered the flank steak.  She said it was the best steak she's had on board.   There was also a Beef wellington special and a Duck A'larange special. They were not listed on the menu.  Pics will be added later.   I had creme brulee' and I asked for some berries on top.  They gave me a few strawberries.  I guess those are "special" since I haven't seen any berries anywhere else.  

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Agree 100% Jim, but X use to serve the non jellied one and it was fine , until last week on Eclipse where it was like cranberry juice!!  Actually, they have also watered down the cocktail sauce for the shrimp appetizer in the MDR. 

1 hour ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Actually, they have also watered down the cocktail sauce for the shrimp appetizer in the MDR. 

omg, yes.  I wondered what they did to that sauce.  Its so thin now.  

Fun updates… thank you both! Other than tendering and getting some choppy water action, has your sailing been smooth?

We are sailing Sunday on ECLIPSE 😃and so excited! A 35 minute drive to the port for us! First time ever leaving from our home port…it’ll be nice not to see an airport (freaking LAX) for a change! Lol. We are elite status and all of our previous X sailings involved long haul flights…so this will be a treat!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DianneLovesToCruise said:

Fun updates… thank you both! Other than tendering and getting some choppy water action, has your sailing been smooth?

We are sailing Sunday on ECLIPSE 😃and so excited! A 35 minute drive to the port for us! First time ever leaving from our home port…it’ll be nice not to see an airport (freaking LAX) for a change! Lol. We are elite status and all of our previous X sailings involved long haul flights…so this will be a treat!

We live in Los Angeles and agree it’s great to not have to worry about flying to FL or elsewhere plus no hotels 😃

We’ve cruised loads with many different cruise lines but just started with Celebrity last April and did a Pacific Coastal which was Excellent….We booked the Eclipse on the 11/17 sailing 😜

Cruised to Mexico over 8 times just because how easy it is to drive to the port plus we have a blast every cruise 🍹🍹😜

Have a Fun Fun Great cruise 😊

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DianneLovesToCruise said:

We sail later this month on the Eclipse and it's still a little strange for me to fly to a port! We used to live in Orlando, and then our first cruise after moving to Seattle was an Alaska cruise, and we live two miles from the Celebrity terminal in Seattle.

Looking forward to being on the Eclipse! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DianneLovesToCruise said:

Hi.  Yes, we're on the way back to LA and the waters are a bit choppy, but nothing too bad.  We're both wearing the seasickness patch behind the ear.   Its 70F, and windy.  I don't think we'll be able to lay out at the pool today. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Hi.  Yes, we're on the way back to LA and the waters are a bit choppy, but nothing too bad.  We're both wearing the seasickness patch behind the ear.   Its 70F, and windy.  I don't think we'll be able to lay out at the pool today. 

Thank you for the update! I will break out my seasickness patches…just in case. 😂 

Enjoy the rest of your sailing today and soak in every minute!

14 hours ago, calicakes said:

That is what my mom served every Thanksgiving.  LOL.  I'm sure back in the day, it wasn't made with high fructose corn syrup. 

LOL -   Maybe it is just one of those memories it brings back to me of both my Grandmother and Mother that I enjoy.   Since I only eat it once a year and end up through most of it away I guess I'm not doing too much damage.

Really enjoyed following along on you journey.    Hope we get to meet one day.

Thank you.  Maybe you can talk Iian into Galapagos for 2025.  We booked for October.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

great blog.. thanks

glad you booked Galapagos..

safe travels home..maybe you can catch Rexs cafe (only bkfst and lunch)

Thanks.  We're off the ship at 8:30 and we have Global Entry so maybe we can get off in a short time and have breakfast there.  

21 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Thanks.  We're off the ship at 8:30 and we have Global Entry so maybe we can get off in a short time and have breakfast there.  

hope it is worth it..take a taxi or uber!

look forward to your next live from!