Live Blog. October 28th, Mexican Rivera on Eclipse. A cruise of many firsts.....

calicakes

4 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Leftover veggies are being repurposed in many different dishes at OV.

20231101_131822.jpg

glad I  mostly do salads for lunch... scrounge from various buffet items!

We plan to try Raw on 5, EDEN cafe ,  and the Bistro for lunch.. 

Thanks for all this great info! We board this coming weekend. I don't see any shows in the big Eclipse Theater on our app planner. Are there shows? (Also, loving that you brought cream and English muffins from home - extra points for creativity!)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ellendrew said:

Thanks for all this great info! We board this coming weekend. I don't see any shows in the big Eclipse Theater on our app planner. Are there shows? (Also, loving that you brought cream and English muffins from home - extra points for creativity!)

We saw rock city last night. It was ok. We see a lot of theater shows in LA, London, New York. It's hard not to compare.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is very hot today in PV.  We're back on the ship.  The taxi was 10USD per couple going to the Malecon and 200 Pesos( we needed to get rid of these) coming back. 

Another first, this morning, there were 3 members of the Mexican Military at the buffet enjoying breakfast.  I've never seen that before. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, calicakes said:

We both had the turkey dinner. I requested breast only. This was very good. I'm not a fan of frozen green beans though.

Actually it looks pretty good except for those sorry looking bans. Was that stuffing under the Turkey --- What no mashed potatoes (that everyone has been complaining about)

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Actually it looks pretty good except for those sorry looking bans. Was that stuffing under the Turkey --- What no mashed potatoes (that everyone has been complaining about)

Yes, stuffing.  They gave a few cubes of sweet potatoes.  Julie asked for mashed instead.   The cranberry sauce was liquid, I could have sucked it up with a straw.  They forgot to bring it.  I had to ask for it. 

After we came back from PV, we hung out in the cabin. We did go to the sky lounge to play trivia, but we were an hour late.  I was looking at the time on my laptop, which did not switch to 1hr ahead.  We're leaving PV and we have to switch the clock back an hour.  My stomach is upset so I'm skipping dinner.  

Btw, we booked a Galapagos trip for Oct 2025 on Flora.  I had some weird dreams last night, involving money and Julie getting a part time job.  I can't believe we're going to spend that much $$$ on a cruise.  

• Like 8

Thanks for doing the Live review and photos…We’re on the 11/17 sailing and looking forward to it 😜🍹🍹

I was looking at your current sailings dailies and saw that Today there’s a “Specialty Lunch” at 12 Noon in Murano for $45 a person And Tomorrow there’s a 12 Noon “Speciality  Seafood and Land Lunch” at the Tuscan Grille for $55 per person 

Could you Please possibly take a photo of each of those menus for me? ….It would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks 😊

IMG_2013.png

IMG_2015.png

1 hour ago, LaCal said:

Thanks for doing the Live review and photos…We’re on the 11/17 sailing and looking forward to it 😜🍹🍹

I was looking at your current sailings dailies and saw that Today there’s a “Specialty Lunch” at 12 Noon in Murano for $45 a person And Tomorrow there’s a 12 Noon “Speciality  Seafood and Land Lunch” at the Tuscan Grille for $55 per person 

Could you Please possibly take a photo of each of those menus for me? ….It would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks 😊

IMG_2013.png

IMG_2015.png

both look like a good value!  Esp to use OBC..

great way to have a nice quiet lunch..no buffet!

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, LaCal said:

Thanks 😊

IMG_2013.png

IMG_2015.png

They are becoming like NCL.  The food is so bad in the dinning room and buffet standards have dropped so much , in order to get a decent meal you have to pay extra and go to a speciality restaurant.

3 hours ago, LaCal said:

Also do you know or have a copy/photo of the Port Day Massage price specials they normally have onboard?  

They usually put the papers w the specials in your cabin 

Thanks 😃

There haven't been any specials. 

15 hours ago, calicakes said:

Yes, stuffing.  They gave a few cubes of sweet potatoes.  Julie asked for mashed instead.   The cranberry sauce was liquid, I could have sucked it up with a straw.  They forgot to bring it.  I had to ask for it. 

I'm rolling on the floor imagining you asking for a straw for your Cranberry Sauce.   How difficult it it to add a bit of pectin.   I had some once that was the opposite and was like eating cranberry gummy  bears.

Have you noticed any changes to the Menu.  Some are reporting they are starting to add back items to the menu.

• Haha 1