New to Princess -- Sapphire Princess Alaska August 26, 2025. Deck 10 Mid-Aft Cabins?

Jazzbo

We are planning an 11-day Alaska Cruisetour in late August 2025 to celebrate a big birthday for my husband. Kids, grandkids, possibly great-grands, and other family members will join us. We are long-time Celebrity cruisers (just did a 9-day Med, Barcelona to Rome on Celebrity Reflection). We chose Princess because of the land portion and because it includes both Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier. (The last Alaska cruise we did was an inside passage from Vancouver and back in 2003.) We are looking at a premium balcony mid-aft (closer to mid) on Deck 10, C-500 to C-509. I read on this board that the Deck 10 balconies are larger (5' covered and 4' uncovered, or vice versa) Has anyone cruised in these cabins on the Sapphire? Any opinions on whether they would be a good choice? Thanks!

• Like 1

We haven't been in that precise location on the Sapphire, but have on other Grand Class ships.

IMO that's a great location for cabins! Those Caribe deck large balconies are much loved by many on CC. You should be able to have the dividers between the balconies opened to enjoy a lot of room for your group. Sounds like a great trip! Princess does Alaska better than anyone and the Sapphire will be a good viewing choice.

All (excluding HCP) Sapphire Princess port & starboard balcony category, B2, BD, BE, deck 10 balconies are 9ft x 9ft with 5ft of cover and 4ft uncovered. Balconies have 2 chairs and one small table. There may also be some foot rests. The interiors are all the same with one desk chair, lower bed in queen or twin config. 3rd and 4th berths lower from the ceiling. When the upper berths are required the lower berths need to be in the twin config. Each cabin has a TV, fridge, large open closet, shower. The word 'premium' only refers to location being more mid ship. There are no extra benefits. I have frequently booked cabins on deck 10, on the Sapphire and other grand class ships. I found that cabins more aft, cat BD, save a little money. I find no difference in being a little aft from being more mid ship.