Move-up, then switch cabins?

ellasabe

I've changed cabins before, staying in the same category, just moving to a different cabin with no problem.  Related question, if I win a move-up bid, has anyone from past experience, then moved to a different cabin in the new category.  IF I bid, and win C2 to an Aqua Class cabin, can I move to a different Aqua Class Cabin???

Rules say no but there have been some reports here of success.  With ships sailing full now if you are lucky enough to win a moveup most likely all cabins in the upper categories will be assigned.  I guess the advice would be to check for open cabins, then call and ask politely and don't be surprised if the answer is no.

If you win a C2 cabin via move up and you see a different C2 cabin that is still open then call and ask to move to the open cabin. We've done this several times since restart, even when the ship was full. Maybe we've just been lucky 🤷‍♂️

Edited by kathynorth
  • Like 1

For our upcoming cruise, our TA was able to get us moved within the same category after our move-up bid was accepted. There were several staterooms still available at the time.

I asked the same question on FB and most people said “no” so I was pleasantly surprised.

Edited by lovecruzin

22 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

If you win a C2 cabin via move up and you see a different C2 cabin that is still open then call and ask to move to the open cabin. We've done this several times since restart, even when the ship was full. Maybe we've just been lucky 🤷‍♂️

The ship wasn't full if there was an open cabin to move to.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

The ship wasn't full if there was an open cabin to move to.  

I obviously didn't mean literally full. Next time I'll correctly post mostly full. There are always some cabins available, which is why there is a move up program. 

15 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I obviously didn't mean literally full. Next time I'll correctly post mostly full. There are always some cabins available, which is why there is a move up program. 

No, there are not always some cabins available.  More and more ships are sailing fully completely full (sometimes over 100% of double occupancy) which was the norm pre-pandemic..  

The Move-up program was created because there often is last minute shuffling with last minute cancelations, to shuffle people out of easier to sell room categories when it gets down to the last few rooms, and occasionally ships have unsold rooms.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, prmssk said:

No, there are not always some cabins available.  More and more ships are sailing fully completely full (sometimes over 100% of double occupancy) which was the norm pre-pandemic..  

The Move-up program was created because there often is last minute shuffling with last minute cancelations, to shuffle people out of easier to sell room categories when it gets down to the last few rooms, and occasionally ships have unsold rooms.

OK, so you know more than I do. I guess I need to stop sharing my personal opinions. 

10 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

OK, so you know more than I do. I guess I need to stop sharing my personal opinions. 

No, I was just pushing back against your "always" statement.  My last two Celebrity sailings were completely sold out.  There were no available rooms to move to.  They still offered Move-Up bids to deal with last minute cancellations but I doubt many of those Move-Up bids were granted and of the ones that were, there weren't other open options to move to.

Anyone who sees an open room on the website after a Move-up that they would prefer, should call to see if a change can be made.  I just don't think it is wise to go into the Move-Up program expecting that to be a possibility.  

• Like 1

Excellent, speedy replies.  Thanks so much.   What I am concerned about is if I win move-up to an Aqua Class stateroom, the ones under the pool deck.  

I am a very, very light sleeper.  I've always made sure cabins above, and cabins below.  Unless I knew for sure that there is a TON of space and sound insulation between Resort deck and Penthouse, I think I probably won't chance it.

Thanks again.