Switching people in cabins

B2B on Wonder currently. For second sailing booked Dad and son in one cabin and Mom and daughter-in-law in second cabin. When returning to the ship for the second leg we mmediately asked guest services to switch, putting the married couples together. On day five and after four more trips to GS the accounts remain mixed up. Even after explaining to the LA,  our amenities went to the wrong cabin. They advise the app will never update to the correct info. We have done this several times previously without this hassle. ☹️

On 11/1/2023 at 3:20 PM, allyfree said:

it definitely matters to the penny-pinchers at RCI - they wanted $35 per cabin for a simple swap of already-booked passengers. We simply got extra cabin key cards and swapped ourselves around

There is no charge for name changes for bookings made from North America. 

9 hours ago, KruznKimmie said:

We have done this & you cannot do it until the ship leaves port but it is very easy to switch.

I have done this at check-in before even boarding the ship. I have also done it at Guest Services hours before the ship left the port.

28 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have done this at check-in before even boarding the ship. I have also done it at Guest Services hours before the ship left the port.

We have been on a couple ships where all they do is give you extra key cards and would not move you.  Not sure if it was because of the age of the kids or not but like everything Royal, be prepared for differences between ships and even crew on the same ship.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We have been on a couple ships where all they do is give you extra key cards and would not move you.  Not sure if it was because of the age of the kids or not but like everything Royal, be prepared for differences between ships and even crew on the same ship.

I know RCI is not consistent in many things they do. Our experience is as follows. When we have done it, it has always been with adults. We are Diamond and we have had friends with us that wer not. We have split up my wife and I in order to share our balcony discount with them. We have made the change a couple times at Guest Services and once at check-in in Seward. Each time, we have received new cards putting us all in the proper cabin with the proper on-board expense account.

So far it's worked out for us. 😀

• Thanks 1