Help a Holland newbie with paid upgrade selection please!

kimkencruzers

4 minutes ago, kimkencruzers said:

Hi.  I'm currently in inside cabin 7161 on Rotterdam. I got sent a paid upgrade email for $399 pp for a verandah.  Choices are VQ 10037, VS 8188 or VF 4017.  Price worth it? Sailing is in 4 days.  TIA!

Don't touch 4017 - solid steel verandah wall (so when you sit you see nothing) plus noise from decks below!  8188 is at the very back on the ship - great if you want a view off the stern.  Many people like that, but some don't.  You'd be directly under the sea view pool, so may have noise from them setting up chairs early in the morning.  10037 would be my pick, but that's because I always have a Retreat cabana and that stateroom is very convenient.  Oops - scratch that - it's got a connecting door to the stateroom next door and I won't risk having noisy neighbors (plus you lose a closet to make room for that door).  None of them are great - but an inside stateroom on Rotterdam is teeny tiny - literally not room for much but the bed.  Assuming the $800 ($399x2) is in your budget, I'd probably go with 8188.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8188 is not under the pool.  It is by the rail.  It is my preferred location.  Minimal noise setting up chairs in an(about 7) and stacking them in the evening (usually when I am at dinner). 

Just saw your post.  I think you’ll love it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kimkencruzers said:

Hi.  I'm currently in inside cabin 7161 on Rotterdam. I got sent a paid upgrade email for $399 pp for a verandah.  Choices are VQ 10037, VS 8188 or VF 4017.  Price worth it? Sailing is in 4 days.  TIA!

I would be all over that aft cabin VS8188!! 

Edited to say "excellent choice."

Safe travels and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I would be all over that aft cabin VS8188!! 

Edited to say "excellent choice."

Safe travels and enjoy your cruise!

Me too, I would have jumped at the chance to go from an inside cabin to VS8188!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back and just wanted to say I loved this cabin and it was worth every penny.  The only issues were that indeed as others have said there was a lot of early morning (and daily) chair scraping that did wake me about 6:30 am.  The other issue was the door is not a slider and its super duper heavy and slams shut.  Hard to get in and out and I consider myself a very fit 52 year old.  Quick access to Lido deck for coffee and great cabin steward named Edward. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, kimkencruzers said:

I'm back and just wanted to say I loved this cabin and it was worth every penny.  The only issues were that indeed as others have said there was a lot of early morning (and daily) chair scraping that did wake me about 6:30 am.  The other issue was the door is not a slider and its super duper heavy and slams shut.  Hard to get in and out and I consider myself a very fit 52 year old.  Quick access to Lido deck for coffee and great cabin steward named Edward. 

Thanks for the follow up and so happy you enjoyed the cabin (chair scraping & heavy door aside).😊

Welcome to the Aft Cabin Club.

• Like 2