Photos on WhatsApp

cruisingiscool

8 minutes ago, cruisingiscool said:

Hi. On Iona soon. May buy internet package . Thinking of essential. Can I send photos using WhatsApp messager on this package or do I need Ultimate package

Works fine on Essential. I’ve even managed voice and video calls on Essential, and have posted short video clips on WhatsApp and Cruise Critic as well. The above relates to Ventura, but I’m sure it’s as good on Iona (probably more users though). 

17 minutes ago, cruisingiscool said:

Hi. On Iona soon. May buy internet package . Thinking of essential. Can I send photos using WhatsApp messager on this package or do I need Ultimate package

Essential package fine for WhatsApp. It appears discount of 15% may end today so book today. You can always cancel later. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

If you have a lot of ports, I would use the wifi ashore.  If you have a lot of sea days, I might buy the package.  I think it's very expensive.

I think on most cruises you can get away with about 2 or 3 days of  buying onboard wi fi to cover the main sea days from and to Southampton. Start your wi fi purchase mid afternoon, and that gives you 2 days of wi fi activity. For the rest using your european roaming data on port days is currently costing about £2:00 per day.