Virgin Voyages Open Ship night

Zanny

26 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Passengers on a Virgin airlines domesticflight yesterday from Melbourne to Hobart were gifted a free cruise by Richard Branson. He FaceTimed to the passengers on board to make the surprise announcement. 

Wonder if the same thing will happen during the two open ship nights?

WOW What a wonderful surprise for the passengers.  You have made my day!  You have to love Richard Branson, who seems forever Peter Pan.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

WOW What a wonderful surprise for the passengers.  You have made my day!  You have to love Richard Branson, who seems forever Peter Pan.  

Peter Pan - lol.

It is clever marketing. If people start talking it up, it is cheaper than an advertising campaign. He is very clever, and very strategic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Peter Pan - lol.

It is clever marketing. If people start talking it up, it is cheaper than an advertising campaign. He is very clever, and very strategic.

I agree he is very clever and very strategic, but he has also uniquely maintained the child within. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Please tell me more.  Is that for the ship in Australia?  I clicked on Virgin Red and it was just for uk and USA which made me mad.  

Details are here.

It requires an access code, which is "VirginAustralia" (sans quotes of course). It should work for anyone as far as I can see.

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Virgin Australia customers are getting 50% off four Virgin Voyages.

If I didn't already have NYs booked I would be very tempted to do the NYs to NZ  and return.  Very good pricing if you want one of the 4 cruises.  Makes me mad that they cancelled my March NZ trips.  

20 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

So have I. Let us know how you go. 😊

I have made a second hold booking on this cruise. I'm not a lover of big ships, but there are a lot of features on this cruise which appeal to me.  One way from Auckland to Melbourne means I can stay at both places.  Two nights at Tauranga and Sydney.  50% off balcony cabins.  You can buy insurance for the cruise direct from Virgin.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I ended up booking the two shorter cruises for a B2B. Should be interesting.

That was a good idea.  Bon Voyage.  I'm destination driven and liked the one way cruise from Auckland to Melbourne.  I'm overdue for another visit to both places, so can spend some time at each before and after the cruise.  I've been to all the ports of call bar one, so I won't be frustrated trying to get off a big ship. Yes, I agree it will be an interesting experience.  I'm afraid it might prove to be like flying business class, hard to go back.  This will be my first new ship.

On 11/3/2023 at 9:20 AM, NSWP said:

For those interested..I have an old workmate, Mark, and his wife on Reslient Lady doing the Athens - Sydney repo.  He has been sending me pics and reports.

1. Food is excellent, some 20 food locations.

2. Staff very good.

3. Comfortable cabins and ample lounge and bar areas .

4.. Drink prices, USD, but about US$7 for a beer and $10 for a base wine.

5. Flu and covid about already, more flu than covid. 

He is very happy with the cruise thus far.

Thank you.  I'm looking forward to experiencing Resilient Lady in January. I'm Well outside the demographics, but I liked the one way itinerary from Auckland to Melbourne.  

On 11/3/2023 at 11:33 AM, NSWP said:

Thanks. Struggling with the cancer and kidney issues, but still enjoying CC and contributing when I can.

My house is on the market from next week , deposited on an independent living apartment at Illawarra Retirement Trust Moruya. They have several places along the NSW South Coast. 

Stay safe, it is  a jungle out there.

I hope you are still managing to enjoy life.  It is always nice to see you still contributing to CC.  Have you had any interest in your house? You certainly live in a beautiful town.  Moruya looks an attractive town also.