On Enchanted now

AtlantaCruiser72

@DCThunder Kusadasi and Ephesus really have been the highlight of the trip for almost everyone I have come in contact with, myself included. The Turkish people are some of the most friendly and welcoming I have even been fortunate to meet. There was no sense of friction or unfriendliness whatsoever and I never felt the least unsafe. Kusadasi is a relatively affluent modern resort city on the far western coast of Turkey and very far removed from any of the fighting in Gaza (+/- 1100 miles)

• Like 1

A 3rd base hit, a foul ball, a home run and a strike out - this best sums up our last 3 dinners aboard. Day 8 MDR we had an excellent server and meal and met some lovely new friends by sharing a table in the Capri Dining room. Day 9 we went back to Amalfi as it was formal night and line for Capri and Santorini were too long. Servers were new to MDR and not working well together so service was a hot mess, but food was good. Day 10 was Sabatinis with excellent service from Stefan from Serbia. Princess have an unpolished gem in this young man. Day 11 was back to Amalfi. We were seated quickly but then waited 30+ minutes without having our orders taken. Waiters were too busy serving their “traditional” dining guests to give us any attention. This was only the second time I have ever walked out of a MDR in over 50 cruises. We had a sad depressing final meal in the buffet. Oh well they can’t all be winners. I’m going to leave this cruise and try and erase tonight’s dinner from the memory banks. 

Our day in Ajaccio was cold and rainy which made our walking tour less than enjoyable. As it was end of tourist season many shops were closed and the few that were still open seemed less than  interested in earning our business. Other passengers agreed with me. Looks like a lovely island with a rich and convoluted history that I’d like to give another shot during a better time of year. 

Our final port was LaSeyne sur Mer. I chose a tour to Aix en Provence and Marseille. Both towns were charming and I’m glad that I saw the Basilica in Marseille but if I were to do it again I’d spend the full day in Aix. Far more picturesque and less hustle and bustle. Our time in marseille was rushed and so I didn’t get to explore as much as I would have liked. 

Overall this has been a fantastic cruise that went to several of my bucket list destinations and they did not disappoint. Were it not for a pesky think called work if stay aboard glady for the next 26 nights for the final Mediterranean cruise and the transatlantic. 

Overall scores (1 to 10):

Itinerary 10+++++
ship decor, design and layout 9

ship upkeep 10+++++

staff friendliness and service 8.5

food 8.5

entertainment 7
overall 8.85

• Like 2