Hobbiton, Grace Hotel, Tap On Tap Off

Tedferg

We had a great cruise, Honolulu to Sydney and thanks for recommendations here. Hobbiton from Tauranga was a wonderful experience, Grace Hotel was great as was Top On Tap Off for ferry and light rail. Reminder: You do need to tap off, it was very easy to jump off the light rail and forget to do this. I believe they charge for the complete ride if you do not tap off. This did not matter going to Circular Quay since it was just two stops and we were at the end of the line, but on return journey, there were lots more stops after we got off. Even then, the full ride is not expensive.

We also did both loops on the HoHo bus in Sydney, a good way to get a feel for the city and suburbs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 12:48 PM, Tedferg said:

We had a great cruise, Honolulu to Sydney and thanks for recommendations here. Hobbiton from Tauranga was a wonderful experience, Grace Hotel was great as was Top On Tap Off for ferry and light rail. Reminder: You do need to tap off, it was very easy to jump off the light rail and forget to do this. I believe they charge for the complete ride if you do not tap off. This did not matter going to Circular Quay since it was just two stops and we were at the end of the line, but on return journey, there were lots more stops after we got off. Even then, the full ride is not expensive.

We also did both loops on the HoHo bus in Sydney, a good way to get a feel for the city and suburbs.

We are doing the Sydney to Vancouver in March. Who did you use for your excursion to Hobbiton?

How did you like the Grace Hotel, we are booked there for 2 nights pre cruise.

Mahalo

On 11/7/2023 at 4:54 AM, Yehootu said:

We are doing the Sydney to Vancouver in March. Who did you use for your excursion to Hobbiton?

How did you like the Grace Hotel, we are booked there for 2 nights pre cruise.

Mahalo

HOME | Cruise Tours Tauranga |

Grace was great, old style elegance but very modern large room.

• 4 months later...
On 11/13/2023 at 11:37 PM, Tedferg said:

Did your Hobbiton tour company pick you up at the cruise port? My cruise isn't until April of 2026 but I'm already looking around a bit and the companies I've contacted so far have said that they won't pick up from the cruise port...

Did you enjoy the tour?

Try Zealandier  tours in Tauranga. Just went with them back on February 19th. They picked us up at the pier and guaranteed to get you back before the boat leaves. I think I also remember something about If boat does not make it into port they will refund your money. Take lots of money to spend in the gift shop if you go.

Roseanna

On 3/27/2024 at 4:25 AM, cruzky said:

Try Zealandier  tours in Tauranga. Just went with them back on February 19th. They picked us up at the pier and guaranteed to get you back before the boat leaves. I think I also remember something about If boat does not make it into port they will refund your money. Take lots of money to spend in the gift shop if you go.

Roseanna

Cheers, Roseanna! You've now got me as excited by the potentials of the gift shop as I am by the visit to Hobbiton itself!