concierge class silhouette and 1 buffet question

md80fan

On 11/3/2023 at 4:06 PM, md80fan said:

We normally cruise RCL but finally booked a celebrity cruise, one to try the different ports, and second to try a different cruise line.

It will be out of South Florida to the Caribbean in 2024. 

We ended up having to get concierge class veranda as that was all that was available except for obstructed view on deck 6 which we prefer to avoid. I tried looking up some information on concierge class and being new to Celebrity i was thinking some more experienced Celebrity cruisers can chime in.
It says we get a bottle of sparkling wine. Is this a regular size bottle or some sort of mini bottle. My father does drink a little wine and we were planning on bringing a bottle onboard but if we get a normal size bottle we might not. 1 might be enough for the cruise.

It says there are binoculars in the room. Are these any good or are they weak ones. My dad likes to bring his to look at birds and other ships off in the distance but curious if these are high powered enough to actually see anything or should we still bring ours.

Is there any other things to know about concierge class like priority getting on and off. Is this kind of like "the key" with RCL   

The one question about the buffet is my father is obsessed with Stir Fry and loved it on the Oasis class RCL ships that had it. I told him Silhouette has it and I want to make sure with all the cut backs and cost savings the buffet will still have stir fry at night as he is loves that to eat. Anybody that has been on recently if they can confirm they still have the Stir Fry

We are looking forward to trying Celebrity and also trying some new ports that we have not seen before.

Do yourself a favor and bring your own wine with you.  The stuff they give away is swill.  As for the binoculars, also bring your own.  The ones they supply look like Cracker Jack prizes!  

Quick story.

On my first cruise in 2001 we were on Celebrity Zenith.  Zenith and her sister ship Horizon used to sail from New York to Bermuda together.  One would go to Hamilton, and one would go to St. George's.  They would stay one night and then switch.  They would sail back to New York together.  On our way back I was on deck having a drink and watching Horizon with my binoculars.  I spotted a guy on Horizon, with a drink in his hand, binoculars in the other, watching Zenith.  I tried to get his attention by waving, but it was no good.  I hope your dad has better luck than I did!

Elvis

Just finished our first Celebrity cruise. We got concierge for same reason as OP. 
The lunch was ok. We do not mind the buffet, so not a big deal. 
The canapés were tasty. But we are not used to eating three big meals a day so more food was overkill. 
The sparkling wine was good. We are not wine snobs and wouldn’t know good champagne from bad. We asked our room steward when we first saw him. He brought it right away. We don’t drink much so we had a little glass 1x/ day until it was flat and tossed the rest.
We used the app to make dinner reservations but could have used the concierge.
The best perk was priority disembarkation. With tendered ports it was nice to have a shorter line. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Szt said:

Just finished our first Celebrity cruise. We got concierge for same reason as OP. 
The lunch was ok. We do not mind the buffet, so not a big deal. 
The canapés were tasty. But we are not used to eating three big meals a day so more food was overkill. 
The sparkling wine was good. We are not wine snobs and wouldn’t know good champagne from bad. We asked our room steward when we first saw him. He brought it right away. We don’t drink much so we had a little glass 1x/ day until it was flat and tossed the rest.
We used the app to make dinner reservations but could have used the concierge.
The best perk was priority disembarkation. With tendered ports it was nice to have a shorter line. 

Our experience also.  Special MDR lunch can be missed;  Oceanview buffet works for us and we enjoy dining on the connected aft balcony.  Cancelled canapes....too much food all around us to nibble on plus 3 meals!  Removed one temptation...LOL.  Never do drink the Sparkling wine... on the counter when we left..hope our steward took it.  No tendered ports on this cruise.  Only reason we have for booking Concierge is our cabin on a higher deck in a good location.  Have to rethink booking C class as it's several $$s more than Verandah for not a lot of ROI.

Edited by Oceangoer2