Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

I’m mapping out my night. To make the late dinner work I’m going to have to miss this..which looks like it’s Carnvial’s love and marriage show..which is crazy because carnival does it in the main lounge and it’s packed. This is in that little venue again. 

It’s at the same time as the second comedy show so maybe that will help out. I would like to go just to see how many people can’t get in.

IMG_7523.thumb.jpeg.ca02e36dd59c5d911bceecee64e0700a.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, depplep said:

Interesting. The Princess website says it was voted Best Pizza at Sea by USA Today.

I think that refers to the pizza on the pool deck (now called slice), not Alfredo's. 

Princess made this claim long before they had their first Alfredo's.

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

I think that refers to the pizza on the pool deck (now called slice), not Alfredo's. 

Princess made this claim long before they had their first Alfredo's.

I think it was for Alfredo's because I clicked on Alfredo's under dining to look at the menu but there is no menu, just this boast.

23 minutes ago, depplep said:

I think it was for Alfredo's because I clicked on Alfredo's under dining to look at the menu but there is no menu, just this boast.

From the Princess web site:

Top-Deck pizza by the slice

It’s the “Best Pizza at Sea” says USA TODAY and we couldn’t agree more. Harkening back to our Italian heritage, our Neapolitan-style pizza is hand-tossed and freshly baked right on deck. From traditional margherita and pepperoni to the daily specials, you’ll find it nearly impossible to pass by without grabbing a slice – or two.

(I wonder if they also say Room Service Pizza is the Best Pizza at sea".)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

It is worth going to even if you have to stand for the entire event.

I stand no problem. I stood for the magic show. Everyone isn’t the same though. Most want a seat. And there is not much room for standing in there either.

I won’t go because if I do, I wont get dinner. And I’m pretty sure that is the same thing they have on Carnival and NCL.

Love and marriage on carnival and I think perfect couple on NCL

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

One of my minor irritations with Carnival is that in the MDR if you don't want to share a table they put you at a small table with other folks at another small table an inch or two from yours. How about Princess?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s the same sauce from Carnival’s bitter n blanc my second fav carnival dessert after the grand marnier soufflé 

IMG_7521.thumb.jpeg.947ac53d1c43b9d0cf5d14583fb4aebb.jpeg

That looks like the sauce for Bitter n Blanc that they used to have (better in my opinion). The last several cruises it’s been a different recipe. Still like it, just not as much as before. I’ll verify my memory in January😆

20 minutes ago, icft said:

One of my minor irritations with Carnival is that in the MDR if you don't want to share a table they put you at a small table with other folks at another small table an inch or two from yours. How about Princess?

Inch or two may be an exaggeration. I’d call it 6-12 on Carnival.

Here’s an example of how close they are Princess. 

IMG_7546.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3