Recent reviews on Carnival Cooking Classes?

RCmommy

Looking for any recent reviews from anyone who has attended a cooking class? Even better if it happened on the Panorama. I have the cake decorating class booked for January, but I’m thinking I should switch it after reading a review that little was learned.  The cake is already pre-made, which is fine, but I would think that leaves more time to learn decorative skills like in the class description.  The review said one flower was learned and that was it.  If that’s the case I would rather try another if it is going to be “elaborate”

We did the Pasta making class on Mardi Gras. Made fettuccini and a pancetta tomato sauce from scratch. It was a lot of fun and would recommend it. The class was about an hour. There were about 10 cooking stations in the room with 2 people per station. They have all the ingredients pre-measured in little dishes and walk you through the entire process. At the end of the class, you get to sit and enjoy what you prepared. They gave everyone a "Carnival Kitchen" rubber spatula as a parting gift.

I've attached the handout they gave us with the recipes.

Pasta Master Class.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crooooze said:

We did the Pasta making class on Mardi Gras. Made fettuccini and a pancetta tomato sauce from scratch. It was a lot of fun and would recommend it. The class was about an hour. There were about 10 cooking stations in the room with 2 people per station. They have all the ingredients pre-measured in little dishes and walk you through the entire process. At the end of the class, you get to sit and enjoy what you prepared. They gave everyone a "Carnival Kitchen" rubber spatula as a parting gift.

Pasta Master Class.pdf 1.42 MB · 2 downloads

The pasta class caught my eye for sure.  I just figured the likelihood of me ever making pasta from scratch at home was next to zero.  Lol

3 hours ago, ctlyf said:

The pasta class on MG was fantastic. Didn't take the cake decorating but did the cupcake class and was disappointed. 

What was it about the cupcake class you did not enjoy?  Too basic?

16 hours ago, crooooze said:

Pasta Master Class.pdf 1.42 MB · 9 downloads

We did this class on Mardi Gras last year, but they only did one kind of pasta, it was a red sauce. We really enjoyed it.

I did a brunch cooking class on the Panorama a year ago. It was fun, but if you already like to cook you're probably not going to learn too much. Was a cool experience for my vacation and then we got to eat everything, which was great! And took home the recipes (I've started making French toast that way and it's soooooo good).

The cake decorating class does sound a little meh, though. Maybe look at one of the other options?

On 11/7/2023 at 10:04 AM, RCmommy said:

What was it about the cupcake class you did not enjoy?  Too basic?

Very basic. Didn't really feel like there was a plan... we had three icing bags each with different tips. I thought we were going to learn how to make flowers and leaves and such. We asked what colors should go with each tip and were told it didn't matter. We learned a basket weave pattern, rosettes (imagine just squeezing the icing out and lifting up, if that makes sense). The cupcakes weren't really good and the icing started to melt... I didn't think it was that warm in the room but who knows. 

14 hours ago, ctlyf said:

Very basic. Didn't really feel like there was a plan... we had three icing bags each with different tips. I thought we were going to learn how to make flowers and leaves and such. We asked what colors should go with each tip and were told it didn't matter. We learned a basket weave pattern, rosettes (imagine just squeezing the icing out and lifting up, if that makes sense). The cupcakes weren't really good and the icing started to melt... I didn't think it was that warm in the room but who knows. 

Okay.  Sounds like skills I could learn from watching pros on YouTube so I’ll try out another class.  I appreciate your feedback. 

• Like 1