N403 - 11 February 2024

Scar-face

I booked one in New Orleans on 30 April but, unfortunately, decided to leave booking one in Miami 'until later'.  When I booked a trip in Port Canaveral on 25 August, the majority of the Miami ones were sold out!  I booked one in Belize a couple of weeks ago but very little is available.  I'm travelling alone so hoping that there may be more available - especially for Miami - once we board but don't hold out much hope.  Pat

3 hours ago, Scar-face said:

Has anyone going on cruise on the PO Ventura 11 February 2024 been unabe to book excursions due to them being sold out?

We are on this cruise. We have booked some excursions but still not sure what to do in Miami as the tours we are interested in are sold out. However I am checking tours daily and we have managed to book previously sold out tours in Port Canaveral and Belize.As the balance date is due( we paid yesterday) I am hoping more tours will become available if people decide to transfer or cancel their cruise.

3 hours ago, yorkshire traveller said:

We booked this  cruise today. Can't access excursions yet

Welcome! Hopefully you will be able to book some excursions in a day or two though some of the more popular ones are sold out. There is a roll call for this cruise 

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

Welcome! Hopefully you will be able to book some excursions in a day or two though some of the more popular ones are sold out. There is a roll call for this cruise 

Thank you   I couldn't see the roll call. I will have another look.  We were supposed to be going to Brazil and Carribean but had to cancel because of the yellow fever situation.  There wasn't a lot of options to choose from as a replacement so have opted for this one.  The itinerary does look good but Ventura isn't our favourite ship 

I wouldn't try to do Belize on your own. It can be quite an uncomfortable place to just wander round. We were warned not to turn right out of the port, just cross the bridge & stick to the main street - where there isn't much to see anyway.

• Thanks 2

On 11/12/2023 at 11:02 PM, yorkshire traveller said:

Thank you   I couldn't see the roll call. I will have another look.  We were supposed to be going to Brazil and Carribean but had to cancel because of the yellow fever situation.  There wasn't a lot of options to choose from as a replacement so have opted for this one.  The itinerary does look good but Ventura isn't our favourite ship 

I think if you click on Ventura rolls and scroll down you should see the roll call. I notice it isn't listed if you select February but that could be due to the way it has been titled?

We’re on this cruise too. We have three r trips in total booked but most are now sold out. I find it strange that there is nothing at all listed for the second day in Bermuda. I hope there’ll be trips offered for that day as most of the previous days trips are sold out 

8 minutes ago, Cristaltips said:

We’re on this cruise too. We have three r trips in total booked but most are now sold out. I find it strange that there is nothing at all listed for the second day in Bermuda. I hope there’ll be trips offered for that day as most of the previous days trips are sold out 

There are tour booking offices in the port where the ship docks, it is also easy to take a bus or water bus from the port into town.

18 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

There are tour booking offices in the port where the ship docks, it is also easy to take a bus or water bus from the port into town.

Thank you Phil. I have done quite a bit of research so am not too worried. I’d be surprised if there weren’t any local taxis waiting to scoop us up and whiskus away for a trip! 🤞😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cristaltips said:

I'm a bit concerned that it may mean we won't be staying overnight or leaving in the morning on the second day.. We already have plenty of sea days

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I'm a bit concerned that it may mean we won't be staying overnight or leaving in the morning on the second day.. We already have plenty of sea days

I must admit, that thought had crossed my mind. I really hope that’s not the case, especially as we’ve lost Key West.

• Like 1

I’ve just received a new itinerary from P&O with confirmation of the application of my shareholder benefits. It appears that we just overnight in Hamilton, Bermuda and leave by 9.00 am the following day. That would explain why no second day trips are available !

On 11/21/2023 at 1:43 PM, Cristaltips said:

I’ve just received a new itinerary from P&O with confirmation of the application of my shareholder benefits. It appears that we just overnight in Hamilton, Bermuda and leave by 9.00 am the following day. That would explain why no second day trips are available !

Thats disappointing.Still hopefully we will have a warm day at sea. By the way have you realised that some of the shore excursions and also the wi fi packages are discounted for Black Friday? I cancelled my wi fi package and have re booked at the new price

8 hours ago, ann141 said:

Thats disappointing.Still hopefully we will have a warm day at sea. By the way have you realised that some of the shore excursions and also the wi fi packages are discounted for Black Friday? I cancelled my wi fi package and have re booked at the new price

Yes, I had seen the Black Friday deals, thanks. None of the trips I fancy are reduced but I have the ones I really want booked and will wing it the rest of the time! I don’t bother with wi-fi while I’m away. I have a good data package on my phone so use that ashore occasionally just to touch base with home. For those who use the wi-fi package, cancelling and re booking seems to be a no-brainer!