ALASKA OUT OF VANCOVER

a.madruga

5 minutes ago, a.madruga said:

Thanks and yes we live closer to key largo than Miami it’s a long flight but can’t wait my only half will turn 65 and retire. We missed out on 60 because of Covid when our 10 day to Alaska was cancelled..,,

5 minutes ago, a.madruga said:

Thanks and yes we live closer to key largo than Miami it’s a long flight but can’t wait my only half will turn 65 and retire. We missed out on 60 because of Covid when our 10 day to Alaska was cancelled..,,

I know exactly where Florida City is.  Used to have a place at The Harborage in Key Largo back in the 90's.  Now retired and we travel fulltime in our RV, wintering in Yuma AZ after living in Florida for 40+ years.....no desire to return either.

Lots to consider and research for your cruise to Alaska.  Again a lot depends on the time of year you will be cruising.  We opted for shoulder season for several reasons.  My other half does not fly, so we are taking a 6 day repositioning cruise from SD to Vancouver.  Overnight in Vancouver then board HAL Koningsdam for B2B Inside Passage cruises.  We will return to Arizona via Amtrak....retirement is about adventures.

We will be cruising on HAL Koningsdam this January 18 days to Hawaii......we love everything about HAL for sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

I know exactly where Florida City is.  Used to have a place at The Harborage in Key Largo back in the 90's.  Now retired and we travel fulltime in our RV, wintering in Yuma AZ after living in Florida for 40+ years.....no desire to return either.

Lots to consider and research for your cruise to Alaska.  Again a lot depends on the time of year you will be cruising.  We opted for shoulder season for several reasons.  My other half does not fly, so we are taking a 6 day repositioning cruise from SD to Vancouver.  Overnight in Vancouver then board HAL Koningsdam for B2B Inside Passage cruises.  We will return to Arizona via Amtrak....retirement is about adventures.

We will be cruising on HAL Koningsdam this January 18 days to Hawaii......we love everything about HAL for sure.

Gloria loves HAL hydro pool actually we both do funny about your RV we just rented a c class for a week to Jolly Rogers in Marathon’s first time doing it and we are hooked on RVing for good once we get back from our Alaska cruise selling and traveling our great country. Thanks again 

• Like 2

What I would advise is flying into SeaTac and taking a cheap, quick Alaska or Delta flight to Vancouver. Then get a hotel anywhere you like. A budget option would be to fly Southwest into Bellingham, my town, and take a bus or train to the cruise terminal. 

I found it was more expensive to combine two flights than to fly directly to Vancouver. And then you run into the added chance of delays and chance of lost luggage. But everyone makes choices. I've been to Vancouver many times. The mass transit is great there. If you truly are worried about money, stay further off the grid and use mass transit. You can find something for $200 or so. I stayed at the YMCA before. It was fine. That being said, the fancy hotels are gorgeous and Vancouver is a wonderful city. If you have extra time, come in 3 nights early and go to Victoria by ferry, and then come back. 

• Like 3

On 11/10/2023 at 7:01 AM, sambamama said:

I found it was more expensive to combine two flights than to fly directly to Vancouver. And then you run into the added chance of delays and chance of lost luggage. But everyone makes choices. I've been to Vancouver many times. The mass transit is great there. If you truly are worried about money, stay further off the grid and use mass transit. You can find something for $200 or so. I stayed at the YMCA before. It was fine. That being said, the fancy hotels are gorgeous and Vancouver is a wonderful city. If you have extra time, come in 3 nights early and go to Victoria by ferry, and then come back. 

Thanks sounds great