Chop's Holiday Dinner: Is It Worth It?

We will be sailing on Navigator of the Seas and booked the Chop's Holiday dinner for Christmas Eve. RC charges $99 for it; the description is "Celebrate the holidays at the Royal Caribbean hallmark, Chops Grille. Indulge in a festive meal with complimentary Moët & Chandon Champagne for each guest and a special holiday lobster tail. Or try one of our signature main courses from the full menu, like the 9 ounce angus filet mignon or the grilled branzino. The dinner wouldn’t be complete without an irresistible dessert, like warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and berry compote. It’s a classic way to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year." (emphasis added)

We booked it because our excursion has us returning after our traditional early dining time so it was either book a specialty restaurant or Windjammer. I understand it may differ from ship to ship and may have changed over the years but has anyone tried the Chop's Holiday dinner and if so what was your impression? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Edited by BlackForest

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I would not do it.   You can pay full price for chops at something like $57 and get a 8 oz filet mignon (lobster tails have been rather small lately) and go buy yourself a glass of champagne a lot cheaper than paying $99

I don't think I'd even pay $57 to eat at Chops.  I feel like the quality has gone downhill in recent years.

• Like 1

Chops is now $65, and has been for a while. We're D+ and take advantage of the BOGO perk. Otherwise, we wouldn't dine there. $100pp is considerably overpriced (as is the "normal" upcharge).  So are all aspects of a holiday cruise, for that matter. But ye pays yer money and ye takes yers cherce, so enjoy! 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. So true about a money grab. But we are stuck with either specialty restaurant when they jack up the price for that particular day or Windjammer. Our excursion doesn't allow us to make it in time for main dining. I will start another thread and see if anyone has eaten dinner at the Windjammer buffet during a holiday to see if maybe they do something special. We could save a lot of money if we went to the Windjammer. Again thanks to you all 🙂 Cheers!