Celebrating 10th Anniversary on a Celebrity B2B cruise (Eclipse: Patagonia -> Antartica)

someguyfl

As the title says, an upcoming cruise will mark my 10th wedding anniversary...

I see that Celebrity asks on their website to tell them if there's any special occasion.

We are sailing in Aqua class on the Eclipse on 12/23/2023 through 1/20/2024. We are Captain's Club Elite. Our 10th wedding anniversary is 1/19/2024 (So, the final night of the second cruise).

My questions are:

1. Would I do that through my travel agent (Amex Platinum), or calling Celebrity?
  2. The trip itself is overall a big expense (~$20K), at a time that we have a lot of other major expenses (building our 'forever home'), so not really looking to spend on anything in addition (eg: some expensive Champagne) ... So, without any additional expenses, any idea what I would expect Celebrity to do to mark the occasion? A generic cake? Something specifically decorated? An upgrade?
  3. This trip wasn't specifically planned as an "Anniversary" cruise, but it does happen to overlap. Neither my wife nor I have really mentioned this coming up. I'd rather that until whatever the 'thing' that Celebrity does, nobody mention it at all ... eg: If it's going to be a cake and a "Happy Anniversary", that should be on the date of it, and not mentioned by the room steward when we first come on board, or the Host/Maître d` at Blu on night 1... If they would do an upgrade to a suite, then of course it's fine to mention it at that time.
  4. Since it works out to the final night of the cruise, and whatever would be done would be something like a desert - if it makes more sense to mark the occasion at some other point during the cruise (eg: the last formal night of the cruise, NYE, Christmas, etc) ... I'm sure my wife would enjoy the surprise then anyway.

Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

As the title says, an upcoming cruise will mark my 10th wedding anniversary...

I see that Celebrity asks on their website to tell them if there's any special occasion.

We are sailing in Aqua class on the Eclipse on 12/23/2023 through 1/20/2024. We are Captain's Club Elite. Our 10th wedding anniversary is 1/19/2024 (So, the final night of the second cruise).

My questions are:

1. Would I do that through my travel agent (Amex Platinum), or calling Celebrity?
  2. The trip itself is overall a big expense (~$20K), at a time that we have a lot of other major expenses (building our 'forever home'), so not really looking to spend on anything in addition (eg: some expensive Champagne) ... So, without any additional expenses, any idea what I would expect Celebrity to do to mark the occasion? A generic cake? Something specifically decorated? An upgrade?
  3. This trip wasn't specifically planned as an "Anniversary" cruise, but it does happen to overlap. Neither my wife nor I have really mentioned this coming up. I'd rather that until whatever the 'thing' that Celebrity does, nobody mention it at all ... eg: If it's going to be a cake and a "Happy Anniversary", that should be on the date of it, and not mentioned by the room steward when we first come on board, or the Host/Maître d` at Blu on night 1... If they would do an upgrade to a suite, then of course it's fine to mention it at that time.
  4. Since it works out to the final night of the cruise, and whatever would be done would be something like a desert - if it makes more sense to mark the occasion at some other point during the cruise (eg: the last formal night of the cruise, NYE, Christmas, etc) ... I'm sure my wife would enjoy the surprise then anyway.

Thanks in advance!

You will get a cake and the waiters will sing Happy Anniversary. If you want it on particular day just put that date as your Anniversary  - X had noway of checking.

• Like 1

Happy upcoming 10th anniversary! As Penguins stated they’ll do a cake for you but unless you’re in a suite (which you stated you’re not) don’t expect decorations or anything. We’ve been onboard previously for special birthdays, anniversaries or whatever and the cake is pretty much it. And beware, oftentimes you’ll get the cake on a different day than you entered in your documents lol. We’ve always just thought of it as “it’s the thought that counts”. Our Baltics cruise coming up in May we’ll be celebrating our 40th…we’ve reserved a speciality dining venue for dinner that night but I’m not holding my breath for a cake on that specific date. We never book suites so haven’t receive the streamers etc that others enjoyed from their butlers and suite team members. If my cabin is clean when I return from dinner and there’s chocolates on the pillows I’ll be happy!
Enjoy your B2B, I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful holiday! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Happy upcoming 10th anniversary! As Penguins stated they’ll do a cake for you but unless you’re in a suite (which you stated you’re not) don’t expect decorations or anything. We’ve been onboard previously for special birthdays, anniversaries or whatever and the cake is pretty much it. And beware, oftentimes you’ll get the cake on a different day than you entered in your documents lol. We’ve always just thought of it as “it’s the thought that counts”. Our Baltics cruise coming up in May we’ll be celebrating our 40th…we’ve reserved a speciality dining venue for dinner that night but I’m not holding my breath for a cake on that specific date. We never book suites so haven’t receive the streamers etc that others enjoyed from their butlers and suite team members. If my cabin is clean when I return from dinner and there’s chocolates on the pillows I’ll be happy!
Enjoy your B2B, I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful holiday! 

On one cruise there was a large group who seemed to have an "occasion" every 2 or 3 days. On chatting to one of the group I commented on how unusual it was only to be told " oh we like the fun of it so we just make up the dates!" 🤣

• Haha 1

Happy 10th Anniversary ---

The norm for a special occasion is usually a a nice Opera Cake.    Often the celebration is enhanced depending on room classification.    I'm sure some can be that we travel in upper suites and are Zenith but have often Received Flowers, Wine, Room and Door decorations  and special hors d'oeuvres.  

If dining in Specialty you will normally get a cake and another the next night in you dining room.

Make sure you let the Maitr'd's know and you should not be disappointed.  No reason to spend lots on bottles of champagne.   There are many decent ones on the Drink Package and if you want a better on probably a small up charge.

IMG_5564.thumb.jpeg.3347a3fccd99546d75371f9866b8e4ea.jpeg

IMG_5529.thumb.jpeg.3a52c71417ef846b060ae9e20385cb27.jpeg

IMG_5530.thumb.jpeg.b23c45a7bf3d351494b490bdaa997361.jpeg

IMG_5531.thumb.jpeg.217b57eacfda86b61bd65e707f7dcde0.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Happy 10th Anniversary ---

The norm for a special occasion is usually a a nice Opera Cake.    Often the celebration is enhanced depending on room classification.    I'm sure some can be that we travel in upper suites and are Zenith but have often Received Flowers, Wine, Room and Door decorations  and special hors d'oeuvres.  

If dining in Specialty you will normally get a cake and another the next night in you dining room.

Make sure you let the Maitr'd's know and you should not be disappointed.  No reason to spend lots on bottles of champagne.   There are many decent ones on the Drink Package and if you want a better on probably a small up charge.

IMG_5564.thumb.jpeg.3347a3fccd99546d75371f9866b8e4ea.jpeg

IMG_5529.thumb.jpeg.3a52c71417ef846b060ae9e20385cb27.jpeg

IMG_5530.thumb.jpeg.b23c45a7bf3d351494b490bdaa997361.jpeg

IMG_5531.thumb.jpeg.217b57eacfda86b61bd65e707f7dcde0.jpeg

Must be your status and cabin sorry suite.

We celebrated our Golden Wedding on Eclipse and all we got was the cake.

• Haha 1