$50 Promotional OBC - Question

js

Hi.
I just booked yesterday for my April 2025 Odyssey cruise.

I cannot book any dining or alcohol packages yet (but I'm so ready to do so with the "sales").

However, this morning when I went onto my booking I see a $50 Promotional OBC that popped up from RCCL.

This is not OBC from my TA or RCCL when I booked, it is new pop up on my RCCL site.

The only thing that is showing me I can book is Port Canaveral Hilton Day Pass, for $25 pp for $50 total.

Do you think this "Promotional OBC" is just for Black Friday or do you think it will stay in my planner until my dining/alcohol open.

If you think it will go away, I'll just book the Hilton Day Pass since I rather use than just let it go and decide closer if we want to stay on ship or not.

Thank you very much.

Edited by js

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've personally never seen any obc post and then go away. 

Possibly early booking bonus? I get $50 obc for that.

It really didn't "post", it like popped up on my screen??

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is only for groups

That the OBC would "pop" up? I am in a group rate with my TA, who happened to have a group rate for the date I wanted and my balcony is little more than $1K less than Royal's site. If this is the case, will it sit there until I book something?
In addition to the group rate, I also have $150 OBC from the TA and a night of specialty dining but that is different than the pop up $50 from Royal.

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Does it show as the $50 in the upper bar on your planner.  maybe it is just a savings on that excursion as opposed to actual OBC

No, it's not for a specific excursion. It just popped up. I will see if it happens again and try to take a picture.

9 minutes ago, js said:

That the OBC would "pop" up? I am in a group rate with my TA, who happened to have a group rate for the date I wanted and my balcony is little more than $1K less than Royal's site. If this is the case, will it sit there until I book something?
In addition to the group rate, I also have $150 OBC from the TA and a night of specialty dining but that is different than the pop up $50 from Royal.

Group rate would come with a $50 group OBC.  In addition to that a$50 early booking OBC if booked more than 6 months in advance and a C&A balcony discount was not applied.  This may be included in what the TA said.  You should be calling your TA to find out what this is

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Group rate would come with a $50 group OBC and a $50 early booking OBC if booked more than 6 months in advance and a C&A balcony discount was not applied

Thank you.

So, perhaps the $50 obc will stay until my beverage and dining open?
I have $150 but from TA and not a CA Discount (I'm Diamond) but my group rate is $1K less for a "regular" not connecting balcony cabin.

1 minute ago, js said:

Thank you.

So, perhaps the $50 obc will stay until my beverage and dining open?
I have $150 but from TA and not a CA Discount (I'm Diamond) but my group rate is $1K less for a "regular" not connecting balcony cabin.

Yes it will stay on.

I edited my post but you really should just call your TA and they can very easily clarify it instead of having people on here guess.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes it will stay on.

I edited my post but you really should just call your TA and they can very easily clarify it instead of having people on here guess.

Thank you. It really wasn't something I needed answered but thought it was strange that the $50 OBC would just pop up. Yes, I can call my TA but it is what it is and if it stays (or not) it's really fine. I would use for alcohol or dining but I can't even book that yet.

Thank you for being so helpful with my questions, I really appreciate it!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, js said:

Thank you. It really wasn't something I needed answered but thought it was strange that the $50 OBC would just pop up. Yes, I can call my TA but it is what it is and if it stays (or not) it's really fine. I would use for alcohol or dining but I can't even book that yet.

Thank you for being so helpful with my questions, I really appreciate it!

It will definitely stay.

You should clarify with your TA though if this was part of the $150 they quoted so you know what to expect to appear on board.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

It will definitely stay.

You should clarify with your TA though if this was part of the $150 they quoted so you know what to expect to appear on board.

Will do. Thank you!

• Like 1

The same thing happened to me.  I booked two cruises through my TA's group rates in October.  One on the Liberty for 5 days in September, 2024 and one for 7 days on the Odyssey for Feb., 2025. Now when I looked at them in my planner to see if anything was on sale for Black Friday I noticed the $50 OBC for the Liberty and $100 OBC for the Odyssey.  I will call my TA to see if this amount is different from the OBC from the agency.

1 minute ago, EllieinNJ said:

The same thing happened to me.  I booked two cruises through my TA's group rates in October.  One on the Liberty for 5 days in September, 2024 and one for 7 days on the Odyssey for Feb., 2025. Now when I looked at them in my planner to see if anything was on sale for Black Friday I noticed the $50 OBC for the Liberty and $100 OBC for the Odyssey.  I will call my TA to see if this amount is different from the OBC from the agency.

Thank you for chiming in. Do you see that you can purchase the alcohol and dining for your February 2025 Odyssey cruise? I cannot purchase anything for my April 2025 Odyssey and really wanted to purchase the UDP and Alcohol package.

Thank you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you for chiming in. Do you see that you can purchase the alcohol and dining for your February 2025 Odyssey cruise? I cannot purchase anything for my April 2025 Odyssey and really wanted to purchase the UDP and Alcohol package.

Thank you.

Nope.  The only thing available was the same day pass at the Hilton for $25pp.  Didn't even come with chairs, only transportation.I wanted to purchase the internet but it was not on sale for my Liberty cruise.

2 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Nope.  The only thing available was the same day pass at the Hilton for $25pp.  Didn't even come with chairs, only transportation.I wanted to purchase the internet but it was not on sale for my Liberty cruise.

Thank you. I'm sorry you cannot purchase but it makes me feel a little better it's not just me LOL I can also just see the Hilton for $25. If the OBC was going to leave after Black Friday, I would have just purchased it to have but I really think we will stay on the ship that day. I'm a Disney freak and have APs (live in NY) but Im not doing that trek back and forth for one day I rather use the ship.

Happy planning!

26 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you. I'm sorry you cannot purchase but it makes me feel a little better it's not just me LOL I can also just see the Hilton for $25. If the OBC was going to leave after Black Friday, I would have just purchased it to have but I really think we will stay on the ship that day. I'm a Disney freak and have APs (live in NY) but Im not doing that trek back and forth for one day I rather use the ship.

Happy planning!

I also read your other topic here on bed placement.  I too struggled to find a cabin with the bed by the balcony..  I find it feels more roomy that way.  I looked at cruisedeckplans.com and couldn't find the EXACT cabin I wanted so booked one that did show the bed by the balcony.  It was only about 6 or 7 doors down from the one I wanted.  When I was on the Oasis in October, 2021 I booked the Anthem on board for Jan. 2022.  The agent assured me that the bed was by the balcony.  When we got on the Anthem we found out it was NOT.  Thankfully the cabin next to us was empty and had the bed by the balcony and we were able to move into it.

21 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I also read your other topic here on bed placement.  I too struggled to find a cabin with the bed by the balcony..  I find it feels more roomy that way.  I looked at cruisedeckplans.com and couldn't find the EXACT cabin I wanted so booked one that did show the bed by the balcony.  It was only about 6 or 7 doors down from the one I wanted.  When I was on the Oasis in October, 2021 I booked the Anthem on board for Jan. 2022.  The agent assured me that the bed was by the balcony.  When we got on the Anthem we found out it was NOT.  Thankfully the cabin next to us was empty and had the bed by the balcony and we were able to move into it.

I couldn't find a picture of the bed placement on cruisedeckplans either and my cabin was the last one that was fully aft so I took it and hoping for the best LOL
I was on the Allure and LOVED the neighborhoods (we use to sail the Explorer series) so I hope I don't miss it on the Odyssey (although I don't miss it when I sail other lines).

I guess we will keep each other in the loop with what we find out about the ship once it gets to the states (is it this weekend?).

I hope we can book our dining and alcohol soon but guessing it will be closer to the one year mark.

45 minutes ago, js said:

I couldn't find a picture of the bed placement on cruisedeckplans either and my cabin was the last one that was fully aft so I took it and hoping for the best LOL
I was on the Allure and LOVED the neighborhoods (we use to sail the Explorer series) so I hope I don't miss it on the Odyssey (although I don't miss it when I sail other lines).

I guess we will keep each other in the loop with what we find out about the ship once it gets to the states (is it this weekend?).

I hope we can book our dining and alcohol soon but guessing it will be closer to the one year mark.

It varys. I have dec 13 and dec 21 booked on adventure and dec 13 everything is available to bok. Dec 21 excursions just came up within the past couple of weeks but no dining. Xmas holiday cruise I suspect might be why no dining but who can say for sure. But i been booking dec 2024 already for a while. Not the next leg. Rcl IT is fickle.

Cant book anything feb or April 2025. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

It varys. I have dec 13 and dec 21 booked on adventure and dec 13 everything is available to bok. Dec 21 excursions just came up within the past couple of weeks but no dining. Xmas holiday cruise I suspect might be why no dining but who can say for sure. But i been booking dec 2024 already for a while. Not the next leg. Rcl IT is fickle.

Cant book anything feb or April 2025. 

Thank you so much!