Iona Vs Brittania

Scirocco Breeze

7 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Dancing and bridge/whist still popular on Arcadia and Aurora. Older pax demographic probably the reason. 

It's possibly a bit shortsighted of P&O to assume that the next older generation will not have the same leaning towards dancing,  bridge and handicrafts that the currents ones do. Assuming they still want to appeal to all generations then maybe they need to re-think and reconsider.

• Like 3

I’m 45 and not one person I know in my generation or those younger play bridge.  I’m sure they are out there somewhere. 

Dancing is probably a little more popular thanks to Strictly.  

But board games and RPGs are increasingly popular.  More change afoot methinks with these changes in what is offered. 

13 minutes ago, Red Leicester said:

I’m 45 and not one person I know in my generation or those younger play bridge.  I’m sure they are out there somewhere. 

Dancing is probably a little more popular thanks to Strictly.  

But board games and RPGs are increasingly popular.  More change afoot methinks with these changes in what is offered. 

More than 10 years ahead of you.  Lots of friends who receive state retirement pension.  Don't know anyone who plays bridge either!

We used to go the ballroom dance classes.  Unfortunately since the demise of Oceana and Oriana, combined with the move several years on Ventura and Azura of moving the classes from the show lounge to the atrium, we no longer go.  Didn't even bother going when we on Aurora earlier this year when the classes were in Carmens or the disco.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the suggestion of board games and RPGs!  I genuinely think the moment my fiance started actually considering a cruise was when he heard about the escape rooms on Sky Princess and Arvia, and if he'd heard of a tabletop room, he'd have been there like a shot.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 3:54 PM, terrierjohn said:

It's possibly a bit shortsighted of P&O to assume that the next older generation will not have the same leaning towards dancing,  bridge and handicrafts that the currents ones do. Assuming they still want to appeal to all generations then maybe they need to re-think and reconsider.

Sounds reasonable, so perhaps a bit more metal and punk on the show band's session list, perhaps Overkill and California Über Alles? After all those approaching retirement were teenagers when those were released and so those tracks are likely still on plenty of people's Spotify playlists...

And as a result some cruise companies are doing that because they see money in it -

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tattoos-wildcat-cruise-heavy-metal-punk-rock-tattoos-2bqnhfcm2

https://archive.is/ezTfA

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Getting back to the thread question, iona wins for me hands down , I don't like the layout of the Britannia and the Iona has more to offer all round.

For warm weather cruising I agree, but if Britannia had a promenade deck then it would make a big difference, because she does have a far better main pool area.