Can't seem to get name changed after initial error.

CapnBlack

I'm the primary contact for our cruise. I set it up through Princess online. Somehow, my middle name got pushed as my first name. I contacted Princess (online for almost 40 minutes) and got it fixed so that when I logged into my account with my proper name, I could see the booking. When I went to "Manage booking" though, it says I don't have access to that booking. If I access that booking using my incorrect name (Middle name, Last name), then I can access the booking and add travel documents and such. It even asked me for my "preferred name" for which I put my proper first name. Still--no luck. I'm 72 days out from the cruise so I'm hoping SOMEHOW this can be fixed.

In this day and age, it absolutely floors me that you can't.just.get.your.name.changed. Unbelievable. 28 years in the military and I hardly had this much trouble doing things a GREAT DEAL more sensitive than this.

Not exactly the same but I had an address change. Princess will not allow you to change your address. It says contact Princess. I did. No response. I finally wrote and mailed a hard copy letter addressed to John Padgentt. Bingo, answered fairly quickly. Address changed so medallions would actually reach me. Did not receive any information as to why we can not change our own address. Certainly address change has occur frequently. 

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Not exactly the same but I had an address change. Princess will not allow you to change your address. It says contact Princess. I did. No response. I finally wrote and mailed a hard copy letter addressed to John Padgentt. Bingo, answered fairly quickly. Address changed so medallions would actually reach me. Did not receive any information as to why we can not change our own address. Certainly address change has occur frequently. 

I was able to change our address on our accounts, but didn't have a booking at the time.

• Like 1

No surprise at all that you can't easily change names in this day and age.  Bookings are specific to a person whose name the reservation is booked for.  Same with airline tickets.  Lots of nefarious people who try to change names when they can't go themselves.  But hopefully you can get the innocent mistake fixed.

Thanks everyone for your helpful tips!

After several attempts, I finally got through to someone in Support who just changed it on the spot and voila!--everything worked. Why the first Support folks couldn't do that and told me I'd have to wait for 24 hours to see the change I have no idea and it was never explained. Since then, the site has been down a couple of times and seems buggy. I hope it's because Princess puts most of its chips on the cruise and not the web site...🙄