Jade Haven logistics

bookbabe

Okay, so this is our first time on a jewel class ship, and I’m having a little trouble wrapping my head around what’s where in the Haven on the Jade.

We have a Garden Villa and a Haven two bedroom booked for our large group cruise to Alaska, both on deck 14 mid.  

I know there is no Haven restaurant or bar.  We’re okay with that, and none of the rest of the group has ever cruised in the haven before, so they won’t know what they’re missing. 😉

From the deck plans on NCL.com, it looks to me like the haven courtyard is on deck 14 mid and the haven sun deck is 15 fwd.  But, the video walkthroughs I’ve watched look like the haven courtyard with the pool is below the haven sun deck, and that you reach the sun deck by stairs in the courtyard.  That would match what I’ve seen in other havens, but it doesn’t match my interpretation of the deck plans online.  Are there two haven sun decks?

Am I misreading the deck plans or misunderstanding the videos?  Can someone walk me through the Haven areas on Jade?  Thanks!

Edited by bookbabe

26 minutes ago, goldmom said:

The Haven sundeck is above the Courtyard.  I believe what you are seeing on deck 15 forward is the private sundeck for the Garden Villa.  

Are you sure?  The garden villa sun deck is listed separately.  I’ve done a couple screenshots, with the areas I’m referring to circled in red.

IMG_3423.jpeg

IMG_3422.jpeg

4 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

There are some Jade haven videos on YouTube

Yup, I watched them.  Thus the confusion.  What I saw on the videos doesn’t match my interpretation of the deck plans.

I’m hoping for someone who has cruised in the Haven on Jade to comment about what spaces are where, and what the difference between the “haven sun deck” and the “courtyard sun deck” is.

When I was on the Jade we had the DOS in between the 2 garden villas. To be honest, I don't remember going to the sundeck because we had 2 balconies to ourselves. On the Pearl (sister ship) we had the 3br villa and never left the villa. 

The one that looks directly above the cabins on deck 14 is the 'true' Haven sundeck. You can get to it right from the pool area on 14.

The other one more towards the front of the ship may not be a Haven only area. If it is, it would be redundant. But in all the times we looked out towards the front pool deck area never recall seeing anyone up that high and forward. So maybe try adventuring and see where you can go. That gold Haven card will open magical doors.

With your GV - once you get on board do a security check of the exterior outside doors. Make sure they're locked so the riff raff can't get in. Both times we had a GV the door was left unlocked and we found strangers wandering around in our private villa.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

The other one more towards the front of the ship may not be a Haven only area. If it is, it would be redundant. But in all the times we looked out towards the front pool deck area never recall seeing anyone up that high and forward. So maybe try adventuring and see where you can go. That gold Haven card will open magical doors.

In theory the forward deck 15 "Haven" sundeck is a smoking area - it's been several years, but I don't remember anything about the area.  Being it's so far from the Haven unless they've put a swipe lock on this area I don't see how they're keeping it Haven only.  

• Like 1

When we were on the Jade the sundeck was definitely above the Courtyard.  We were in a Courtyard suite and I don't recall having access to any other sundeck areas in the Haven.

You'll have to go exploring and let us know what you discover!

• Like 1

The Haven sundeck on the Jade is above the courtyard, its the very top deck

The Haven Sundeck diagram is not correct. The Sundeck is above (on top) of the Haven cabins that surround the courtyard. The courtyard of the Jade I believe it like the Gem with a glass enclosure

Skip to the 12 minute mark of this video, it shows the courtyard and sundeck   

639-4b0b68591f68.jpg

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 1