First time on Iona, help and tips needed please

The Med

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Specific seats aren’t reserved. In the scenario that you describe, if you arrive just in time or a little late you will probably find that the theatre is full. Anyone who hasn’t booked will have been allowed in 5 minutes or so before the show starts if there are still empty seats. Thats why I was saying that on our Iona cruise people strolled up at the last minute and then got irritated that they couldn’t get a seat even though they had a booking. This is why I think the whole thing is a complete nonsense and why they should just revert to first come first served. Thankfully, they have already done that on some of the ships. 

I agree it should be first come first served.

Previously after dinner we had gone to the theatre 15-30 minutes before the show started.

On Royal Caribbean there are sections of the theatre cordoned off for Suite passengers and high loyalty members.

Crew keep a watch on this area and 5 minutes before the show starts they might let other passengers in this area if there are spare seats.

3 hours ago, enjoysailing said:

That would surely be better. I will be much more likely to know what I want to do the day before than 2 weeks before. 

I am new to this forum and glad I was introduced to it, so many good tips. But the downside is it means I will probably be booking stuff weeks before I sail that maybe I will not be attending. Can't win!! :classic_wink:

Once you know you will not be attending I would recommend that you cancel your booking, that way it will allow someone else to make a reservation.

• Like 4