World Class Bar vs Martini Bar (Eclipse)

zitsky

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Personally I don't like the vibe of the World Class bar.  Too much out in the open, with lots of people walking back and forth going to shops, shows, etc.  Someone said it is more 'intimate'.  In the sense that it is smaller, yes it is.  But it's very much out in the open so to speak.  I do agree that the Martini Bar can be a madhouse at times, but there are areas along the sides and the windows where you can relax a bit - or try to luck out at a seat at the bar where it is more lively and you can watch the bartenders get fancy with pouring their martinis at times.  A lot of fun.

On the Beyond it’s not out in the open like the S class.  

1 hour ago, riredsox said:

Santos runs all the bars on Celebrity now.  He has stripes (I always call him a suit now)!  I last saw him on Beyond in October.  He’s the best of the best!

We last saw him on Solstice in Feb. He was training the bartenders, every ship needs a Santos 😂 Several of our favorite WCB mixologists have moved into management roles or just moved on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

We last saw him on Solstice in Feb. He was training the bartenders, every ship needs a Santos 😂 Several of our favorite WCB mixologists have moved into management roles or just moved on.

I have to respectfully disagree. Did you ever have Sudui as your bartender many years ago. He could do all the tricks. He eventually left X and opened a bartending school in Bali. For a number of years X trained their bartenders at Suidi's school.  I'll look for Santos on Silhouette next summer and compare.

4 hours ago, dabear said:

I have to respectfully disagree. Did you ever have Sudui as your bartender many years ago. He could do all the tricks. He eventually left X and opened a bartending school in Bali. For a number of years X trained their bartenders at Suidi's school.  I'll look for Santos on Silhouette next summer and compare.

I meant all ships need a Santos type person who trains the bartenders. he actually won a Diageo competition and one of the drinks on the menu was his creation. X has amazing flair bartenders but not all are true mixologists. Like I said many have moved on..apparently Sudui is one of them.

On our October Eclipse cruise we always went to the Passport Bar for pre supper drinks. Less crowded and great service. We also went there when returning to the ship for a midday drink. Better hours at the Passport Bar. Sea day or port days. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 11:04 AM, CruisinShips said:

On our October cruise on the Eclipse, the WCB seemed relatively quiet most of the time.  The bartenders are very talented and each drinks is made with care and detail.  The alcohol selections were more limited than other venues.  The Martini Bar was a different story.

I see me dropping DH off at the WC bar (which he will REALLY enjoy) and I’ll run over and grab a “chocolate martini to-go” from the martini bar and meet him back at WC and we will have 2 very happy campers. 😁

We love the variety of all the bars. We tried the WC bar but it wasn't our thing. I usually prefer bourbon or vodka straight and my wife enjoys her different flavored martinis.

The bartenders you get on your specific cruise can really make or break the experience in my opinion. The martini bar has always been our overall favorite for a pre or post dinner drink or two. We loved the bartenders on the Eclipse and the Summit when we last cruised on them in 2018. The bartenders on the Silhouette last year weren't as good in our experience. The vibe that we loved on the Eclipse and the Summit were not there for us so we spent more time at some of the other bars onboard. Perhaps part of it was the post pandemic restaffing. 

We are hoping when we return to the Eclipse next year we get to experience that same vibe we missed at the martini bar. It really turned what was a great cruise into an amazing one.

Edited by CruisinNewb