Seat Booking date / time query

Thedonkeycentrehalf

I am due to fly out 14 weeks from Saturday (fly on 24th Feb).  If I want to get the best seats, do I need to be online at midnight on Friday night (for Saturday morning) or is it midnight on Saturday night?

Need to work out which day I have to factor in an nap to stay awake that late☺️

Thanks

28 minutes ago, GINGERWILDCAT said:

We left it for 13hrs, we booked our seats just after 1pm, got the exact seats we wanted with multiple choices, took us ten minutes maximum, don’t flap about it 👍

Unless you're in PE, then certainly flap if you want to be seated together, particularly in a rwo set.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Unless you're in PE, then certainly flap if you want to be seated together, particularly in a rwo set.

Why? there must have been 80% of the seats left, you flap away if that’s what you like, I’ll just sit back and do it stress free

Thanks for the responses.

We are in PE so will be wanting one of the pairs by the window.  If they have all gone then I won't bother paying out the extra money - if it means myself and Mrs DCH are sat on different rows in the middle then so be it. 

I'm an anti-social flyer anyway (too many business flights) so I tend to just stick my headphones on and sleep anyway - no matter what time of day - as I find flying boring

• Like 1

Hi, we fly out two weeks tomorrow to the Caribbean, we are in PE and decided to leave it until the  Saturday morning at 7:00am to book....Yeah we definitely shouldn't have, couldn't get any window seats nor our original back up plan of where in the middle row. Oh well, at least we are together and at least we are flying to the sun 😉 

1 hour ago, reece.twiggwhite said:

Hi, we fly out two weeks tomorrow to the Caribbean, we are in PE and decided to leave it until the  Saturday morning at 7:00am to book....Yeah we definitely shouldn't have, couldn't get any window seats nor our original back up plan of where in the middle row. Oh well, at least we are together and at least we are flying to the sun 😉 

Sorry to hear that.  People queue through the night to bag their seats in PE and it doesn't help that every single plane for that day from all airports goes live at the same time.  Now we have extra planes for Arvia the queue to get in is even longer as there's more flights as well.

On average I try to get in dead on 00:00 but I never secure my seats until around 2.30am. This year I was lucky and made it shortly after 1.00am.

It's a wonderful money spinner for P&O though!

Enjoy your cruise.

13 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Sorry to hear that.  People queue through the night to bag their seats in PE and it doesn't help that every single plane for that day from all airports goes live at the same time.  Now we have extra planes for Arvia the queue to get in is even longer as there's more flights as well.

On average I try to get in dead on 00:00 but I never secure my seats until around 2.30am. This year I was lucky and made it shortly after 1.00am.

It's a wonderful money spinner for P&O though!

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks Megabear! Very much looking forward to it, just this second booked epicurean for two nights as well. 4 years since our last caribbean one!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paularmstrong said:

We are booked PE to Barbados in February , Been quoted extra £180 to book seats together , do we just go to airport on day of flight and hope that we can seats together or can you check in nearer the time without paying the extra . Many Thanks

Sadly it is one or the other with this. You either pay extra to guarantee, or turn up and hope for the best. From the last few times we have flown PE, there are always a number of pairs of seats that they hold back, when i have queried these I was told that they are reserved for people with mobility issues, so I think you will probably be ok to turn up, but depends how much you want to risk it...... 

I’m flying out to Britannia on the 23rd Feb from Gatwick.

I got my seats this morning. I was on the page at 00:00, seats in basket and then it errored. Couldn’t even get on the P&O website at one point. Waited till 00:40 then tried again at 01:40. Website was then back up and working, flight page was working and got the seats we wanted relatively quickly (it’s still a terrible site). 

If they know they have a website that is old and dysfunctional, why on earth did they decide it was a good idea to communicate via email to passengers that they can book from midnight. 

Logged on at midnight, system errored  just like @Glitterati last night.  Seems to come up with an error every three minutes or so - it's like trying to use a system from back in the mid 90's.

Queueing systems for websites are commonplace across all industries.  You'd think P&O could invest some of the money they rake off from the exorbitant seat booking charges into some proper software.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 6:27 PM, Megabear2 said:

We went in lime for our PE seats st midnight and finally got through at about 1.30am. We are glad we stayed up and waited..

• Like 1