Arvia LGW to Barbados Saturday, 18 November - charter flight

English Tim

4 minutes ago, laslomas said:

There are some quite positive reviews on the Social media page that shall not be named. Including pictures of some food etc. 

Interesting that the social media page cannot be named, yet on that page cruise critic roll calls are often referred to.

53 minutes ago, Technoman2 said:

Anyone ant idea what meals will be served on a 9 hour flight to Barbados departing at 11.10am  on the Tui flights. I can imagine you get lunch but if the flight arrives mid afternoon local time do they provide a second meal or snack?

Thanks

Well if my experience of being a Flight attendant is anything to go by.  Drinks round first, followed by lunch and I would guess afternoon tea into Barbados.

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well if my experience of being a Flight attendant is anything to go by.  Drinks round first, followed by lunch and I would guess afternoon tea into Barbados.

Thanks Jean i suppose if i have a stiff drink and then lunch i will have a kip and entertainment wont be an issue.😊

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Technoman2 said:

Anyone ant idea what meals will be served on a 9 hour flight to Barbados departing at 11.10am  on the Tui flights. I can imagine you get lunch but if the flight arrives mid afternoon local time do they provide a second meal or snack?

Thanks

Hi- you get a round of drinks , then a hot lunch about an hour after take off. Last time it was a chicken roast dinner! 

We then got sandwiches and scones with jam and cream about 2 hours before landing. Food is ok, nothing special but not bad! 

44 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

Hi- you get a round of drinks , then a hot lunch about an hour after take off. Last time it was a chicken roast dinner! 

We then got sandwiches and scones with jam and cream about 2 hours before landing. Food is ok, nothing special but not bad! 

Thanks for the info we will probably have a light breakfast at the airport then depending what time we get through the pre boarding palava.

21 hours ago, English Tim said:

Presumably, this weekend was the first of the new luxury charter flights from Gatwick to Barbados. The ones with no in flight entertainment, so hopefully someone would like to post what their experience was really like.

Our daughter and husband flew from LGW on the 10th, on a Maleth Aero flight.  They took tablets for entertainment and she had diazepam to make the flight feel better.

The biggest problem she had was there was no meal for her.  She's has coeliac disease and, despite pre-booking, they did not have a GF meal for her; nor did they have any suitable substitute. She has type 1 diabetes too, which again they were notified of beforehand. So, the failure to supply suitable food is not at all good.

Luckily, she always carries emergency snacks.

• Like 1