Simply more Drink policy

niehauscr

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

You are correct! Breakfast not included.

So - if I want a glass of champagne at breakfast - I pay?  Or I don't get?  I think last cruise I took on O. I did ask once and was told bars open at 1100.  Maybe that explains it...

Let’s keep the two questions separate.

Question 1: Is champagne, wine, or beer at breakfast included in the SM, OLife, or basic drinks package?

Answer: NO

Question 2: Might I be able to order champagne or other drinks at breakfast?

Answer: Maybe. In theory yes, but if the GDR or TG is out, then none is available until the bars open. Sometimes they have it, sometimes they don’t.

Same goes with Bloody Mary’s at breakfast. Sometimes in the Terrace they have a Bloody Mary bar set up and they can be ordered at a cost . Other days they are not available.

Now the kicker I have forgotten. I’m not sure that the special breakfast Bloody Mary is even included with the Premium Package. Seems to me we had to pay for it even with the Premium Package. I don’t totally remember, but it could also have changed over the years.

48 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Let’s keep the two questions separate.

Question 1: Is champagne, wine, or beer at breakfast included in the SM, OLife, or basic drinks package?

Answer: NO

Question 2: Might I be able to order champagne or other drinks at breakfast?

Answer: Maybe. In theory yes, but if the GDR or TG is out, then none is available until the bars open. Sometimes they have it, sometimes they don’t.

Same goes with Bloody Mary’s at breakfast. Sometimes in the Terrace they have a Bloody Mary bar set up and they can be ordered at a cost . Other days they are not available.

Now the kicker I have forgotten. I’m not sure that the special breakfast Bloody Mary is even included with the Premium Package. Seems to me we had to pay for it even with the Premium Package. I don’t totally remember, but it could also have changed over the years.

If there was a bottle of 
bubbly" anything as a welcome gift in your cabin/suite, you can bring it, for no extra charge,to breakfast to add to OJ.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

If there was a bottle of 
bubbly" anything as a welcome gift in your cabin/suite, you can bring it, for no extra charge,to breakfast to add to OJ.

We used it for mimosas for one of our in-suite breakfasts.

On 11/19/2023 at 6:44 PM, basor said:

We just got off Vista after 32 days with the standard/SM drink package and never had a problem getting our drinks refilled at any dining venue....where did you observe this?  

I never had a problem on the Nautica either - Oct-Nov. 6

Here’s my experience, and it isn’t one size fits all. The Terrace has the exact same number of wine stewards working at 18:30 as the do at 19:30. If you’re one of those that must eat at 18:30, and the place gets slammed, you may feel “ The Terrace is for Teatotallers “. Some nights you might never get served during that early time slot. Same night, come in at 19:30, most of the crowd having cleared by 19:15, and service is good. Same restaurant, same night, vastly different results. 

This same situation is played out in the other restaurants likewise. I’ve seen nights where it appeared the entire ship wanted to eat in the GDR! People were waiting to get a table. Service levels ( drink refills in this case) were vastly different from other nights. 

Service on Oceania is typically very good. Oceania doesn’t do assigned eating times, except for the Specialties, so that cruiser freedom of choice can sometimes lead to imbalances of staffing and service. I’ve likewise seen where, via system glitches, they overload a Specialty. Service likewise goes to pot there when that happens. Fortunately not the norm.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Here’s my experience, and it isn’t one size fits all. The Terrace has the exact same number of wine stewards working at 18:30 as the do at 19:30. If you’re one of those that must eat at 18:30, and the place gets slammed, you may feel “ The Terrace is for Teatotallers “. Some nights you might never get served during that early time slot. Same night, come in at 19:30, most of the crowd having cleared by 19:15, and service is good. Same restaurant, same night, vastly different results. 

This same situation is played out in the other restaurants likewise. I’ve seen nights where it appeared the entire ship wanted to eat in the GDR! People were waiting to get a table. Service levels ( drink refills in this case) were vastly different from other nights. 

Service on Oceania is typically very good. Oceania doesn’t do assigned eating times, except for the Specialties, so that cruiser freedom of choice can sometimes lead to imbalances of staffing and service. I’ve likewise seen where, via system glitches, they overload a Specialty. Service likewise goes to pot there when that happens. Fortunately not the norm.

Just so folks aren't confused, Oceania doesn’t do assigned seating times in the specialties, but does require reservations.  I know you didn’t mean to imply that, but most folks associate assigned times with the old 5:30 pm or 7:30 pm options of other lines.  One could read your sentence as implying that.

• Thanks 2