Flight-eze Ticket Release?

Jo-D

Hello! I purchased my airfare through HAL using Flight-eze and was wondering when they will be ticketed with American Airlines?

I've chosen my seats through F-E (and paid for the tickets), and it shows that my tickets are on hold through the AA app, but I'm going to remain mildly anxious we won't get the seats reserved. I will be more comfortable when we're actually ticketed.

Today is 45 days from departure so I was hopeful it would be ticketed today, but no luck. 

I was wondering if anyone could let me know how many days before the flight others were ticketed?

8 hours ago, 0106 said:

My flight isn’t until January 27 and my tickets and seats are confirmed in the AA app.  

That is correct but they likely aren’t ticketed yet. If you look on the website you can see the actual status. Once ticketed the seats may change.  Until about a year ago seats generally stayed the same but recently mine have all changed once ticketed.  Since it is a consolidator fare I have found the only way to preserve seat selection is to pay the seat fee once ticketed.  I have had them change the morning of the flight

Thanks for your insight @Mary229.  Fortunately, I haven’t had my premium economy international flight seats change for my 2 trips in the past year.  

Actually, my KLM (Delta) flight was cancelled the morning I was supposed to depart for Amsterdam in October.  I called FlightEase and they were able to rebook me on a Delta flight that connected through an alternative airport with similar premium economy seats.  I was very happy with their service.

• Thanks 1

this may be slightly off topic but it does relate to airfare

We are booked for a future cruise on Hal in September to Boston and return from Montreal, I checked the airfare and they seem to be quite expensive, so much so that it almost equals the cost of the cruise, 

I despise flying but it is the only way in this case

We are actually considering canceling the cruise due to the high cost of flying to the port.

Do the costs of flights come down the closer we get to the sail date? We have until June to make a decision but it sure isn't looking good.

also, for the New Englanders, Are we better off simply driving to New England as our main goal is to see the coast and fall colors if so what time of the fall is the best weeks to go for foliage views ?

If this inquiry does not belong here please simply remove it.

thanks

2 minutes ago, Duane S. said:

We are booked for a future cruise on Hal in September to Boston and return from Montreal, I checked the airfare and they seem to be quite expensive, so much so that it almost equals the cost of the cruise, 

We are actually considering canceling the cruise due to the high cost of flying to the port.

Do the costs of flights come down the closer we get to the sail date? We have until June to make a decision but it sure isn't looking good.

also, for the New Englanders, Are we better off simply driving to New England as our main goal is to see the coast and fall colors if so what time of the fall is the best weeks to go for foliage views ?

thanks

Flight ease prices for North America are generally about the same or slightly less than the airlines.  The only advantage to using them for North America is to lock in a cancellable reservation now that you can pay for later. Here is the advice given by the points guy, a valuable source of all things travel

For domestic trips, TPG recommends monitoring prices three to four months before your departure date and expecting to book one to two months in advance. For international trips, we recommend starting to monitor prices six to seven months in advance and expect to book three to five months in advance.

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

Thanks for your insight @Mary229.  Fortunately, I haven’t had my premium economy international flight seats change for my 2 trips in the past year.  

This is definitely comforting since I booked PE flights.  I'm traveling with my 84 year old father and he would be highly annoyed if we weren't sitting together, which is my main concern.

11 minutes ago, Jo-D said:

This is definitely comforting since I booked PE flights.  I'm traveling with my 84 year old father and he would be highly annoyed if we weren't sitting together, which is my main concern.

Don’t bet on it if flying on American from Dallas.  We use premium economy and business and have been moved numerous times. 

We used flightease and asked for ticketing once final payment was made - it wasn't an issue.  This was well in advance of our cruise. Of course the airline made changes right up until we left and then of course our flights were delayed but we did mange to make our connections.  

If you have already paid FE for the flights, call FE and tell them to issue immediate payment to the airline, they will do that within 24 hours. Otherwise, they will wait until 30 days out.  I always pay the flights prior to final payment and have FE immediately pay the airline and issue the tickets. FE will still allow changes and flight cancelations up to final payment without penalty. AA will not confirm seats until the flights are ticketed, several other airlines like British and Quantas do the same. When they are ticketed the AA site will show the date ticketed like this: image.png.d41d428bf1e0fc9d34727468630ff4ea.png

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

I agree with what @terrydtxsaid.  There is also a button on FlightEase you can click to have the tickets issued.  Definitely do this as soon as you have paid for the flight.  Once issued, your seats will not change unless the airline changes the flight or the type of plane used for your flight.  We have never had our seats change with FlightEase after the tickets were issued.

I finally called Flight eze. They were ticketed, but because of an arrival time typo in the HAL system (even though everything else matched), AA wasn't matching the reservations correctly. They fixed it and everything is set!

Turns out they had a flight landing at 7:26 when AA has it landing at 7:25. One minute difference caused the error. 🙄

• Like 2

Let me add one point that hasn't been covered yet. We are flying to Buenos Aries in December for a South America cruise on the Oosterdam. We purchased tickets through Flight Ease on Aeromexico when they first became available in May. We paid in full for the tickets and they are noncancellable. The only advantage is that we were able to lock in the price. When I called FlightEase to ask why tickets had not been issued they gave me the usual drivel about tickets being issued 30 days prior to the flight. Which basically means that they wanted to hold onto my money for 6 months. I had to point out that I had already paid, and the tickets couldn't be cancelled without me losing all the money. They went ahead and issued the tickets which allowed me to pick my seats. That being said, my seats have moved a couple of times because Aeromexico has changed the type of plane. Go figure.

@jakers I use FlightEase so I don’t have to pay for my flights until I pay for my cruise.  Also, if I have to cancel the cruise at the last minute my insurance will cover my flights too.  Why do you use FlightEase?   Was there a big price difference if you had booked directly with Aeromexico?

• Like 1

We have found excellent prices on FlightEase for international business-class tickets.  For other types of tickets we could do as good or better elsewhere.  So that is why we use FlightEase, plus being able to cancel or change the flight, with no penalty, up until final payment is due for the flights.

Edited by Torquer
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, 0106 said:

@jakers I use FlightEase so I don’t have to pay for my flights until I pay for my cruise.  Also, if I have to cancel the cruise at the last minute my insurance will cover my flights too.  Why do you use FlightEase?   Was there a big price difference if you had booked directly with Aeromexico?

As I recall there wasn't a big price difference between FlightEase and booking direct. I just wanted to lock in the price. I flew to Buenos Aries last year around Christmas and in the last 60 days we added a fourth person to our cruise. Her flight cost as much as the other three of us combined. The only experience I have with booking flights with airlines outside the US have resulted in me losing my money when the flight was cancelled. I had to pay for this years cruise in full when I booked it because it was a special rate. There was no reason to not pay for the flight at the same time.

On 11/20/2023 at 1:21 PM, terrydtx said:

If you have already paid FE for the flights, call FE and tell them to issue immediate payment to the airline, they will do that within 24 hours. Otherwise, they will wait until 30 days out.  I always pay the flights prior to final payment and have FE immediately pay the airline and issue the tickets. FE will still allow changes and flight cancelations up to final payment without penalty. AA will not confirm seats until the flights are ticketed, several other airlines like British and Quantas do the same. When they are ticketed the AA site will show the date ticketed like this: image.png.d41d428bf1e0fc9d34727468630ff4ea.png

Good advice. The airlines that use SABRE all work the same way.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:48 AM, Duane S. said:

thanks

I live in southern MA. In general, we don't see much color until well into October. There are "foliage maps" to see where/when peak color is happening if you google it. Of course, every year is different.

• Like 1