West Palm Beach - PBI Airport/FLL cruise

chriscec2012

There are few/if any shared shuttles to/from PBI and Port Everglades.

PBI is a small, easily navigable airport with few amenities- don't expect much in the way of food/entertainment.

Do allocate sufficient time for transfers. I'd block about an hour for road time.

PBG is my home airport.  Try Captains Airport Seaport Car Service.   561 789 2180.    They are our go to service to the airport and cruise ports.    There is also Brightline and Tr Rail.      Can’t speak from experience as I am not one to try and manage luggage of and on train.   Tri Rail is less money than Brightline.  Both will require transfer via taxi, uber, lyft from train station to airport

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 5:22 PM, FOPMan said:

PBG is the airport code for Plattsburgh. New York. PBI is the code for West Palm Beach International Zirport.

Oops….I know that.   Just so used to typing PBG which is abbreviation for my home town,

It is doable. Only negatives are less flights to PBI if there is an issue with your flight. As always fly in the day before! Rideshare should be fine, or private car. Not sure how much a Palm Beach taxi would cost. 

• 2 weeks later...

Getting an Uber or Lyft driver for port Everglades to the Fort Lauderdale airport is almost never an issue. You may have a little more of an issue in getting a driver interested in going to PBI. FLL is 10 minutes from Port Everglades. A driver can make multiple circuits, potentially taking new passengers from the airport to the cruise port for the "next" cruise.

PBI is about an hour's drive from Port Everglades. There are comparatively few passengers wanting rides from PBI to Port Everglades, and PBI is nowhere near as busy as FLL, so it may be more challenging for the driver to get their next ride.

2 hours ago, FOPMan said:

Getting an Uber or Lyft driver for port Everglades to the Fort Lauderdale airport is almost never an issue. You may have a little more of an issue in getting a driver interested in going to PBI. FLL is 10 minutes from Port Everglades. A driver can make multiple circuits, potentially taking new passengers from the airport to the cruise port for the "next" cruise.

PBI is about an hour's drive from Port Everglades. There are comparatively few passengers wanting rides from PBI to Port Everglades, and PBI is nowhere near as busy as FLL, so it may be more challenging for the driver to get their next ride.

Yea that’s kinda what I thought, was hoping for some good news for PBI because I can get home much quicker than flying out of FLL but sounds like that just makes sense.