OMG The prices

SSPhone

1 hour ago, asctony said:

What airlines?

What airports?

Glad your fare was cheap.

I am checking Expedia and all other sites. Spirit & Delta out of DTW to FLL RT  for Feb 2024 no stops 2 people over $1,000.

IMO and horrible experience , stay away from JetBlue. 

Edited by doghog

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Actually if you booked early for this dec you saved a bunch of $$$. I'm under $750 total inside balcony solo next week harmony. For 2025 and 2026, who knows what last minute prices will be. Prices are high and keep getting higher. I'll be looking last minute then as not booking any more cruises just to cruise. 

I booked a TA PC to spain may 2025 and then nothing until jan and feb Bella friends. I'll be looking last minute for deals in between. I'm on strike booking otherwise. The TA group price only $30 more for a balcony. Dont see that often on older ships. Voyager. Anyone for a TA deal out ot PC? 

$349 7 night MSC

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, doghog said:

IMO and horrible experience , stay away from JetBlue. 

Thank you!

I am only looking at Non Stop.

Seems only Spirit & Delta.

When you look at Spirit and  all the up charges it exceeds Delta. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What was your problem with JetBlue?

March 2022. Readers digest version. Too much detail to get into. Same trip going to San Juan and returning from San Juan. Cancelled flight (red eye @11:30 PM) once we got to the airport of origin. No text. Rebooked by an airport agent from point of origin for a 4 hour delay only to find out 16 days later our return flight was cancelled without being rebooked by the same agent. Connection flights (2) didn't happen and rebooked only to find out the 2nd connection was cancelled once we landed. No flights out until the next morning at 6:00AM.  Since we weren't originally suppose to land in St Thomas we didn't have the proper paper work to be there due to covid requirements. Spent at least an hour filling out paper work with St Thomas military members watching over us. Good thing they had their riffles. Then to baggage claim to claim our luggage. One of the three pieces of luggage was destroyed. Made our way to the JetBlue counter to find one employee who was ready to go home and acted uninterested in our situation. No where to stay. BTW, it's now 1:00 AM!!  Finally she was able to get us a hotel an hour away from the airport. Could carless about the damaged suitcase. She rebooked us for a 7:00 AM flight. Got to the airport at 5:00 AM only to find out the flight was cancelled and rescheduled for 11:00AM. No text! On the last day of the cruise I tried printing off our return flights and nothing. Got to the SJ airport only to find out the JetBlue agent at our home airport cancelled and didn't rebook our return flight! Once at home I was on the phone for hours with multiple agents trying to get reimbursed for damaged luggage and putting us lower class seats then what we paid for. That's my problem with JetBlue. 

Edited by doghog
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Morecruisesplz said:

$349 7 night MSC

$349 total? As I posted my fare was under 750 total. Including taxes and fees. Solo in a inside balcony. No offense but I'd guess that's a per person before tsxes and fees and since you dont say, I'm assuming a inside not a balcony. But who knows since you dont say if that's total, including fees and taxes like I posted and you dont say for what category. 

Drives me nuts when someone claims they only paid $349 and then i find it's for one pax before fees and taxes added in. And there were 2 in the cabin. I said total .. you don't say?

1 minute ago, doghog said:

March 2022. Readers digest version. Too much detail to get into. Same trip going to San Juan and returning from San Juan. Cancelled flight once we got to the airport of origin. No text. Rebooked by an airport agent from point of origin only to find out 16 days later our return flight was cancelled without being rebooked by the same agent. Connection flights (2) didn't happen and rebooked only to find out the 2nd connection was cancelled once we landed. No flights out until the next morning at 6:00AM.  Since we weren't originally suppose to land in St Thomas we didn't have the proper paper work to be there due to covid requirements. Spent at least an hour filling out paper work with St Thomas military members watching over us. Good thing they had their riffles. Then to baggage claim to claim our luggage. One of the three pieces of luggage was destroyed. Made our way to the JetBlue counter to find one employee who was ready to go home and acted uninterested in our situation. No where to stay. BTW, it's now 1:00 AM!!  Finally she was able to get us a hotel an hour away from the airport. Could carless about the damaged suitcase. She rebooked us for a 7:00 AM flight. Got to the airport at 5:00 AM only to find out the flight was cancelled and rescheduled for 11:00AM. No text! On the last day of the cruise I tried printing off our return flights and nothing. Got to the SJ airport only to find out the JetBlue agent at our home airport cancelled and didn't rebook our return flight! Once at home I was on the phone for hours with multiple agents trying to get reimbursed for damaged luggage and put lower class seats them what we paid for. That's my problem with JetBlue. 

Interesting. I did jet blue only once. Smallest seat ever encountered and like you they destroyed my suitcase. I never figured out who to report it to. No one else around by then. 

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Interesting. I did jet blue only once. Smallest seat ever encountered and like you they destroyed my suitcase. I never figured out who to report it to. No one else around by then. 

One and done for us. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, doghog said:

Departing from where and what time? 

DFW to FLL on Dec 30 at 11am. Returning Jan 6 in the afternoon. Yes it’s on Spirit but we have never had problems with Spirit. We also know what we are getting with Spirit. We also have under seat carryons made by Samsonite that are considered personal items. I could have snagged 5am on Dec 31 for $90 round trip per person but my wife didn’t want to do that.

Edited by wreckem2013
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

DFW to FLL on Dec 30 at 11am. Returning Jan 6 in the afternoon. Yes it’s on Spirit but we have never had problems with Spirit. We also know what we are getting with Spirit. We also have under seat carryons made by Samsonite that are considered personal items. I could have snagged 5am on Dec 31 for $90 round trip per person but my wife didn’t want to do that.

Apparently you don't have check in luggage.

I priced out Spirit. By time you add in personal item, check in bag and seat they are equal to other airlines and just as expensive.

I used them years ago, but not now unless they are reasonable. JMHO! 

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

$349 total? As I posted my fare was under 750 total. Including taxes and fees. Solo in a inside balcony. No offense but I'd guess that's a per person before tsxes and fees and since you dont say, I'm assuming a inside not a balcony. But who knows since you dont say if that's total, including fees and taxes like I posted and you dont say for what category. 

Drives me nuts when someone claims they only paid $349 and then i find it's for one pax before fees and taxes added in. And there were 2 in the cabin. I said total .. you don't say?

Love people who don't give all the info. Brag about their cheap cruise. Then you ask to see their invoice, NO!

I have 2 people I know that always get a 7 day cruise for $300 or less.

Yet, never show an invoice. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, asctony said:

Love people who don't give all the info. Brag about their cheap cruise. Then you ask to see their invoice, NO!

I have 2 people I know that always get a 7 day cruise for $300 or less.

Yet, never show an invoice. LOL

Off subject, sorry. Speaking of flying I see you are in italy. I'm in the process of a b2b ends in rome italy end of may 2025. Do you happen to have a idea what a flight costs from rome to florida? Am I going to be in shock?

41 minutes ago, asctony said:

Apparently you don't have check in luggage.

I priced out Spirit. By time you add in personal item, check in bag and seat they are equal to other airlines and just as expensive.

I used them years ago, but not now unless they are reasonable. JMHO! 

I can book big front seats and a checked bag for cheaper than southwest or aa for the same dates. Spirit doesn’t always make sense but sometimes it does.

People also seem to not know or forget you can save $45 round trip per person on spirit by buying at the ticket counter.

Edited by wreckem2013

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Off subject, sorry. Speaking of flying I see you are in italy. I'm in the process of a b2b ends in rome italy end of may 2025. Do you happen to have a idea what a flight costs from rome to florida? Am I going to be in shock?

Not to sound bad. Do a fake booking via the Internet and you can get a real price. People do it daily. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

The last time I flew Boston to Rome the price was not pretty.

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The last time I flew Boston to Rome the price was not pretty.

Oh no and I dont think prices are dropping. I booked the TA from PC to Barcelona and then was looking and the b2b leg goes to greece and italy. I'll already be there, finally just told TA to add the b2b and see the Coliseum.  I feel like I'm losing my mind as these prices just seem to be adding up. 

I promised myself when I got to florida I could book more but didnt anticipate prices going up so fast. If I'm already over there, it kinda makes sense to see greece. Dont care about italy but ends there. Yikes. Well that's probably not good news. If you were already over there would you add the 2nd leg to greece and italy? Knowing how much you spent to fly home? I sure picked the wrong time to move and cruise more.. not like I choose the time though. 

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh no and I dont think prices are dropping. I booked the TA from PC to Barcelona and then was looking and the b2b leg goes to greece and italy. I'll already be there, finally just told TA to add the b2b and see the Coliseum.  I feel like I'm losing my mind as these prices just seem to be adding up. 

I promised myself when I got to florida I could book more but didnt anticipate prices going up so fast. If I'm already over there, it kinda makes sense to see greece. Dont care about italy but ends there. Yikes. Well that's probably not good news. If you were already over there would you add the 2nd leg to greece and italy? Knowing how much you spent to fly home? I sure picked the wrong time to move and cruise more.. not like I choose the time though. 

Greece might be nice for the coastal locations though I've never been. As for Italy, there is so much to see and the port area for Rome, Civitaveccia, is not very conveniently located. I don't have a lot of interest in starting, ending, or cruising around Italy. Though I suppose if I were there visiting family I could have them drop me off at the port and I could do a TA home if such a thing exists. But I think that would be more for my retirement days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asctony said:

Not to sound bad. Do a fake booking via the Internet and you can get a real price. People do it daily. 

Prices arent out for may 2025, but I'll look and hopefully not faint.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Greece might be nice for the coastal locations tgough I've never been. As for Italy, there is so much to see and the port area for Rome, Civitaveccia, is not very conveniently located. I don't have a lot of interest in starting, ending, or cruising around Italy. Though I suppose if I were there visiting family I could have them drop me off at the port and I could do a TA home if such a thing exists. But I think that would be more for my retirement days.

It's a TA there, so no ta to get home. I have to fly, either from Barcelona or add the 2nd leg to see greece and fly home from rome. 2nd leg isnt a deal imo but I'm already on the same ship. That's probably a good idea to do a fake booking flight from rome to orlando may 2024 .. since I cant see may 2025. Yea im retired. Mom died in January which is why I was here in dallas. Promised myself for 20 + years once I could I'd go further. Now I'm old lol. Scary solo. 

19 hours ago, firefly333 said:

As soon as airfare opens, check out Air2sea with Royal. I was able to get DFW to FCO(Rome) RT for $813 pp. They are the cheap seats, but oh well. This was for Aug. 2024. I had to purchase seats on the Air France leg but it was only an extra $40 pp. 

• Like 2