OMG The prices

SSPhone

I started a booking last week for a 7 night out of Tampa. Cost for a Balcony $3100 total, by the time I was done the rooms were sold out. Got a email this morning to complete the booking so for grins I tried to complete. Now the room is $4500. What the heck RCCL?

8 minutes ago, SSPhone said:

I started a booking last week for a 7 night out of Tampa. Cost for a Balcony $3100 total, by the time I was done the rooms were sold out. Got a email this morning to complete the booking so for grins I tried to complete. Now the room is $4500. What the heck RCCL?

Out of Tampa? For real? Is it a New Year's cruise? Queen's birthday jubilee? Owner's suite?

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Out of Tampa? For real? Is it a New Year's cruise? Queen's birthday jubilee? Owner's suite?

Just 7 night Dec 16 so before the holiday price jump. Room 7144 so no great jack pot there either. 

6 minutes ago, SSPhone said:

Just 7 night Dec 16 so before the holiday price jump. Room 7144 so no great jack pot there either. 

This would be Enchantment? RCI has to come up with some very enchanting things for me to get on that ship again. It's got to be my least favorite of the ships I've been on.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GBeason884 said:

Give it a week or two.   Lay off even searching.   Maybe the sailing will cool.    Dynamic pricing can make some really good deals or make our cards melt.   

Dec 16 is a couple of weeks. I gave up looking until I got a email this morning to complete the booking. Last Friday it was sold out. 

Was just looking for a get away, Tampa is home port just over a hour away from home. We have been working our a$$es off since Hurricane Idaila put 27 inches of water in the house.We are back in but now but would like a little RNR. Guess we wait until Feb for new cruise.

• Like 3

When you calculate the skyrocketing fares and then all of the on-board add on's it's getting tough.  Drink package currently at $74.99 for our next cruise.  I know it fluctuates and we can do better, but still.  It's a lot. Coco Cay Day beds going from $199 max 8 guests to $399 max 4 guests. Add in the reduction in cabin service and deteriorating food in the MDR.  We are probably going to slow our roll even though cruising has been our go-to mode of vacation.  Seen enough islands now to know what ones we want to go back and see more of....  Not to mention all the complaints you see about poor behavior from fellow passengers.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, luvbrady said:

When you calculate the skyrocketing fares and then all of the on-board add on's it's getting tough.  Drink package currently at $74.99 for our next cruise.  I know it fluctuates and we can do better, but still.  It's a lot. Coco Cay Day beds going from $199 max 8 guests to $399 max 4 guests. Add in the reduction in cabin service and deteriorating food in the MDR.  We are probably going to slow our roll even though cruising has been our go-to mode of vacation.  Seen enough islands now to know what ones we want to go back and see more of....  Not to mention all the complaints you see about poor behavior from fellow passengers.

I guess we will all have to stop drinking, skip the MDR, give up day beds and drive to the ports. All joking aside, cruising even though it's gone up in price, is probably still less than land based hotels and restaurants if you calculate the daily charges. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSPhone said:

Have you tried a travel agent , they sometimes have group rates and could save you some $$

The true blame if to your fellow cruisers who are willing to pay that kind of money for the cruise.  If RCI can charge it, and people are willing to pay it- then they should go for it.  They don't cruise for charity's sake.

Someday, this post COVID surge will end.  I hope.  But in the mean time, one has to book as early as possible to get decent deals.  The days of last min cheap cruises is over for a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beachin2 said:

Free enterprise - supply and demand.

Obviously.  Such insight.  🤪 It doesn't mean we can't come here and complain about the prices.  

OP, hope you find something that suits your needs.  It's been harder and harder to find those gems (re. pricing) like we used to.  Seems now you have to look WAAAAY out to find them, cruise off season, or just get pretty lucky.

We are relegated to cruising during holidays or in the summer now (wife is a teacher and kids are in high school and college), so we've had to suck up those high prices if we want to play.  Hopefully this calms down eventually.  More and more mega ships are entering the market, and they will need to fill those cabins.  Hoping that starts to ease things...

Last minute pricing is either dirt cheap (lots of available rooms) or super expensive (few available rooms left).  Try the 90 day ticker and see if anyone has anything not selling right now out of Tampa if you are looking for a last minute deal.  IF you are willing to travel to Ft Lauderdale, you will obviously have a lot more options.  

2 minutes ago, asctony said:

Price increase on RCI Symphony OTS. Central Park Balcony

Booked SOS Jan 2023 and checked price today Nov 18 2023.

B2B same cabin 6 & 8 day cruise.

Jan 2023 $ vs Nov 2023 $.

Nov 2023 $3816 more. 

How about that? 

Ship is more full than not?  Has happened to us even before COVID.

15 minutes ago, asctony said:

Price increase on RCI Symphony OTS. Central Park Balcony

Booked SOS Jan 2023 and checked price today Nov 18 2023.

B2B same cabin 6 & 8 day cruise.

Jan 2023 $ vs Nov 2023 $.

Nov 2023 $3816 more. 

How about that? 

Is the same amount of cabins available now as it was back in January?