"Important Information" email -does NCL send this out on all cruises?

happy cruzer

Hello,  We received what seems to be a generic important information email for our cruise in one month on the Breakaway.  It has alot of links to the NCL website.  Is this normal?  Doesn't seem to be anything but a CYA about covid and need to have travel docs like a passport.

Is there anything else needed besides a passport?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Hello,  We received what seems to be a generic important information email for our cruise in one month on the Breakaway.  It has alot of links to the NCL website.  Is this normal?  Doesn't seem to be anything but a CYA about covid and need to have travel docs like a passport.

Is there anything else needed besides a passport?

Thanks.

It is a normal email. 

Totally depends on your nationality, your departure port, and your ports of call. There are people who show up without the correct documentation every week and are denied boarding,,, so it is a lot more than a CYA. 

If you are a US Citizen sailing on a closed loop out of New Orleans, you don't even need a passport. You could sail with a birth certificate and photo ID. 

If you are not a US Citizen, you are required to have a passport and may require visas for countries being visited. On our cruise out of Miami last month, there were passengers holding passports from 48 different countries. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

My mantra as we get into the car to head to the airport is:

Does everybody have their passport?

Does everybody have redundant prescriptions in two different bags? (one a carry on)

Does everybody have cash/credit cards?

Armed with those, there isn't much more to worry about.

Thank God we've crossed proof of vaccinations and negative Covid tests off the list.  I got my twenty-seventh Covid booster this week and the lady just smiled when I pulled out my now-relic original CDC covid vaccination cards.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Does everybody have redundant prescriptions in two different bags? (one a carry on)

Thanks ChiefMakeJRK just added that to our checklist with a big smiley! 

Don't worry be happy!

RedRover96

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thank God we've crossed proof of vaccinations and negative Covid tests off the list.  I got my twenty-seventh Covid booster this week and the lady just smiled when I pulled out my now-relic original CDC covid vaccination cards.

I never thought of carrying extra prescription meds in my checked luggage. I do carry 1-2 weeks extra however just in case of a quarantine or a major disaster.

passport, phone, meds are my 3 most important. They all stay at the top of my personal item.

• Like 1