December/January air temperatures in Australia/New Zealand

numberguy

Everyone,

We're wondering what the air temperatures would be like on the seas around Australia and New Zealand during the period of Dec 23-Jan 6?  We're on the Spirit for a holiday cruise in about a month, and we want to pack appropriately, but not overpack with winter clothing.  I know layers are good, of course, as ships can be cold.  But what might temps be like for shore excursions and deck walks.  Any experiences would help.  Thanks.

--Michael

@numberguy

Those dates are right in our early SUMMER!!  There should be no need for any winter clothing.   The only thing to worry about is if the Tasman is rough with gales from the south.   Then deck walks could be COLD; 10C

Ashore in Australia 23-25C; in New Zealand 19-20C.   But in Australia be prepared for HOT days, up to 35C.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone.  I didn't make myself clear--we DO realize that it is summer in the southern hemisphere.  I was asking for one of our traveling companions, who is from Canada.

I believe he was wondering about temperatures because the further north you go in the northern hemisphere, it's cooler, and I wasn't sure about how far south and close to the Antarctic, such that it would be cooler.  But I do appreciate all your responses.

--Michael