Drink package

catz821

On 12/31/2023 at 12:59 PM, Frankmac said:

When I booked recently there was a 10% tax and 18% gratuity added to the advertised price. So the advertised price of $64.99 per day ended up at $83.19 per day.

I've never seen a tax on the DBP... That must be an EU thing since I see you are in Ireland.

Apologies if this was already covered, but I didn't see it in any of the posts. When looking at details for the packages, it says that the Deluxe Beverage package covers drinks up to $12. I looked at some beverage menus and it appears the vast majority of cocktails are $14.  Is that right - are the drinks only covered up to $12? If so, are you charged the difference (so for a $14 cocktail, $2 plus 18% tip)?

Thanks so much for any clarification anyone can provide!

7 hours ago, Juvesgirl said:

Is that right - are the drinks only covered up to $12?

No, the package will cover the vast majority of drinks - the description details don’t keep up with changing prices. 

We did the drink package on a the Brilliance out of Tampa last year, 2023. I would consider myself a drinker and I know my limits. At one point close to the end of the cruise after drinking mixed drinks all day, we all looked at each other and came to the conclusion that there was very little, to no alcohol in the drinks. This really confused me because most of 5he bars we were in we watched them pouring the drinks. I’m not suggesting that the bottles were cut but it sure had me scratching my head. We are going in March and most likely will not get the package.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Buffettphan1 said:

We did the drink package on a the Brilliance out of Tampa last year, 2023. I would consider myself a drinker and I know my limits. At one point close to the end of the cruise after drinking mixed drinks all day, we all looked at each other and came to the conclusion that there was very little, to no alcohol in the drinks. This really confused me because most of 5he bars we were in we watched them pouring the drinks. I’m not suggesting that the bottles were cut but it sure had me scratching my head. We are going in March and most likely will not get the package.

This makes me glad I am a wine drinker for the most part.  My husband likes the specialty drinks.  Although I probably won't mind if he is underserved.  🙂

On 1/7/2024 at 5:21 PM, Buffettphan1 said:

I sure hope this isn't the case!  We're getting ready to cruise next month and are considering the drink package for the first time.  I drink 7-7's and I always gauge a good drink by color of the drink...the darker the better...and means plenty of alcohol.