Pigeon Island Beach

Illinois cruiser

Will be on the Jewel of the Seas in January.  How much is a taxi to Pigeon Island Beach and how long does it take to get there from the cruise port?  Is it worth it, or can you suggest a better beach to go to?  We have been to St. Lucia several times and have always gone to the Pitons.  We would like to do something differnt this cruise. 

7 hours ago, Illinois cruiser said:

Will be on the Jewel of the Seas in January.  How much is a taxi to Pigeon Island Beach and how long does it take to get there from the cruise port?  Is it worth it, or can you suggest a better beach to go to?  We have been to St. Lucia several times and have always gone to the Pitons.  We would like to do something differnt this cruise. 

Personal preference.

Smuggler’s Beach where one will find

Naked Fisherman -  http://nakedfishermanstlucia.com
If wanting an All Inclusive option then consider Cap Maison.  (NF is part of the resort with access by general public)
https://capmaison.com. -  

Note the similarities between respective websites

40 minutes by cab, and allow an extra 15 for the return to be extra safe if heavy port traffic.

Fare… $45 e/w plus tip

Quote @reedprincess

Taxis are readily available at Pigeon Island. Whomever drives you there will actually wait and bring you back if you want.

Inside the park, 8rs quiet, serene and beautiful - ruins, hikes, Fort, 2 restaurants, bathrooms and lovely quiet beaches. There's a few operators that offer a "beach break" to Pi that includes transfers, entrance fee, chairs and cooler or drinks.  May be worth looking at - some St Lucia history and such a long with beach time

Yes, on cruise ship days, traffic is murder - only one road north/south from Castries to Rodney Bay - make sure to leave plenty of time to get to)from wherever you may go. 40-45 minutes for PI or Naked Fisherman is not unusual at all. And yes $45usd one way to/from port for up to three people (not pp, per vehicle).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Illinois cruiser said:

Pigeon Island is great!

There's 2 hikes, ruins, history, 2 excellent restaurants, large grassy area, SNUBA, and lovely calm beach, plus restrooms, lol.

Serenity Vacations has a day trip there that includes transportation, entrance fee, chairs and such..  

Taxi is $40-45usd, entrance fee is $10usd.  

There's also the causeway beach outside the park. Several local restaurants, restrooms, chairs and umbrellas available. Calm and clear. Same price for taxi.  

Returns are readily available.. definitely leave plenty of time for return.

Another option, if you're wanting more of a serene adult only experience is Calabash Cove. Food is divine, drinks are strong, views are beautiful , cab runs $30 or so, pool is available for use, quiet calm beach, etc. Contact them in advance to reserve space . 

Naked Fisherman is lovely also. 

Vigie Beach is right near port. $10 cab ride, or 49 minutes walk (give or take). Long, long Bay small boardwalk with local restaurants and bars, clean restrooms, chairs available, usually a masseuse, calm swimming waters, etc..

Enjoy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Pigeon Island is great!

There's 2 hikes, ruins, history, 2 excellent restaurants, large grassy area, SNUBA, and lovely calm beach, plus restrooms, lol.

Serenity Vacations has a day trip there that includes transportation, entrance fee, chairs and such..  

Taxi is $40-45usd, entrance fee is $10usd.  

There's also the causeway beach outside the park. Several local restaurants, restrooms, chairs and umbrellas available. Calm and clear. Same price for taxi.  

Returns are readily available.. definitely leave plenty of time for return.

Another option, if you're wanting more of a serene adult only experience is Calabash Cove. Food is divine, drinks are strong, views are beautiful , cab runs $30 or so, pool is available for use, quiet calm beach, etc. Contact them in advance to reserve space . 

Naked Fisherman is lovely also. 

Vigie Beach is right near port. $10 cab ride, or 49 minutes walk (give or take). Long, long Bay small boardwalk with local restaurants and bars, clean restrooms, chairs available, usually a masseuse, calm swimming waters, etc..

Enjoy 

Thank you for the information @reedprincess. I called Serenity vacations and even though the excursion to Pigeon Island shows on their website, they said they are no longer doing it.  Do you have any other companies that you would recommend to use for a trip to pigeon island? 

I will check into Calabash Cove also.  How does it compare to the the all -inclusive options at Bay Gardens?  is one quieter or nice than the other?  

I know a lot of people suggest Naked Fisherman.  It sounds nice, I'm just concerned about transportation to and from the port and getting back to the ship on time.  

I appreciate any information and suggestions you can offer.  

1 hour ago, Illinois cruiser said:

Thank you for the information @reedprincess. I called Serenity vacations and even though the excursion to Pigeon Island shows on their website, they said they are no longer doing it.  Do you have any other companies that you would recommend to use for a trip to pigeon island? 

I will check into Calabash Cove also.  How does it compare to the the all -inclusive options at Bay Gardens?  is one quieter or nice than the other?  

I know a lot of people suggest Naked Fisherman.  It sounds nice, I'm just concerned about transportation to and from the port and getting back to the ship on time.  

Does one realise that PI and NF are almost next to each other, having the similar time frame on the same road (Also used by visitors to Rodney Bay, Calabash and Bay Gardens) back to Castries.  It’s the North/South i95 of St Lucia

Think PI and NF are about 10/12 minutes further than C and BG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Illinois cruiser said:

Calabash Cove is adults only, more private feeling, and food is absolutely divine. And less expensive , lol.

Personally, prefer it over Naked Fisherman, as you can use the pool and such also.

I don't know of any other companies that have an organized trip to Pigeon Island itself. It's easy enough to take a cab, they'll be waiting for you to return you.. $45usd one way, entrance fee is $10usd pp.  Chairs are available inside, you can hike and eat, etc.

You could contact Explore St Lucia or Marius Taxi - both are outstanding, they can organize you with a trio if you want. Or any of the drivers at port.. 

9 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Does one realise that PI and NF are almost next to each other, having the similar time frame on the same road (Also used by visitors to Rodney Bay, Calabash and Bay Gardens) back to Castries.  It’s the North/South i95 of St Lucia

Think PI and NF are about 10/12 minutes further than C and BG

Thank you. I did not realize they were near each other.  I really do appreciate all the information. 

Suggestion… Don’t get too fixated on which “one” to select as a favourite from C, NI, C and BG before staying.  
Select them all, but choose which one is first, then in order for subsequent visits.  Then one will have a true comparison to pick a favourite.

Who knows, one may favourite them all, which will give an excellent rotation.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive

6 hours ago, Illinois cruiser said:

I’m still trying to figure out our plans for the day. How much would taxi be to Reduit Beach?   Would you suggest going to Reduit Beach or Pigein Island to enjoy a nice beach, rent some chairs and sip a cocktail? 

Taxi to Reduit will be about $35/40 per cab e/w for a max of 3 pax., plus tip

RB will be very busy, with the usual noise and bustle. PI is slightly less, but still busy.
If this is the vibe wished then take it.

One’s preference still is NF - A more relaxed, shabby chic, chilled vibe.

To assist NF Cocktail Menu - http://nakedfishermanstlucia.com/cocktails/

No doubt CC members will give their recommendations, to assist in one’s decision.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 10:05 PM, Illinois cruiser said:

I’m still trying to figure out our plans for the day. How much would taxi be to Reduit Beach?   Would you suggest going to Reduit Beach or Pigein Island to enjoy a nice beach, rent some chairs and sip a cocktail? 

I'd go to Vigie. Nearer, less expensive, less travel time, great local food options, good drinks, chairs are inexpensive... $20 roundtrip as opposed to $80-90. Chairs run $10 or so. Meals run $10-20usd, tops. Cocktails around $5-10usd, tops. Beers around $3. 

If a beach day is all you're after, Vigie is a great option. 

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Illinois cruiser said:

can anyone suggest the name of a taxi service that will take us to Reduit Beach?  I think that is the area i would like to see. 

Any cab from the cruise terminal rank…. About $40 (US) each way plus tip.

Enjoy the floating inflatables amusement park, together with the views of same and noise

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WisCruiser2 said:

@reedprincess, do you know how much chair rental is at Pigeon Island Park? Trying to nail down all the options that appeal to us as much as possible in order to budget how much cash we'll need.

It'll run around $10-20usd for one or a pair of chairs.. 

• Thanks 1