Full excursiona

Lonedaddy

Booked the ray for October 2025.  Excursion list is very limited.  The select excursions to go to Seville (cadiz  port) both days and alahmbra (Malaga port) are listed as full.  Does silverseas add additional excursion or capacity closer to the date or just plan on booking my own tour.  Seems like they don’t realize how popular those tours are which is surprising.  They charge extra so you think they would add some . 

It is crazy that two years out excursions are booked up.  This is likely due to the new policy of being able to book them as soon as you place a deposit, rather than a few months before the cruise.

They will likely add extra buses and capacity by then (or some people will drop out).

But for those ports, a private excursion (with late cancellation rights of course) would likely be more enjoyable than going with a big group.

Or, you could start a roll call to set up a much smaller group to help share expenses (as on Tours by Locals, my favorite, but where the price for just going as a couple can be relatively pricey), and to customize what you are interested in. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

It is crazy that two years out excursions are booked up.  This is likely due to the new policy of being able to book them as soon as you place a deposit, rather than a few months before the cruise.

They will likely add extra buses and capacity by then (or some people will drop out).

But for those ports, a private excursion (with late cancellation rights of course) would likely be more enjoyable than going with a big group.

Or, you could start a roll call to set up a much smaller group to help share expenses (as on Tours by Locals, my favorite, but where the price for just going as a couple can be relatively pricey), and to customize what you are interested in. 

Good point about the roll call.  

Take a look at https://www.spaindaytours.com

They have shared tours and the charge per person is very reasonable.  The only gotcha is that if the tour doesn't reach its minimum it would be cancelled [or you could make it a private tour at a much higher cost].

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Take a look at https://www.spaindaytours.com

They have shared tours and the charge per person is very reasonable.  The only gotcha is that if the tour doesn't reach its minimum it would be cancelled [or you could make it a private tour at a much higher cost].

I had heard good things about this company on CC, so booked them.  They stood me up, and didn't give me my money back either.  I had to pursue AMEX refund for services not rendered.

Maybe I just had bad luck (Monsieur Murphy does tend to follow me around on international travel, as it does LesW, but I have learned to be ready for him!)

I always confirm and reconfirm private tours, up to the night before docking.

6 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Booked the ray for October 2025.  Excursion list is very limited.  The select excursions to go to Seville (cadiz  port) both days and alahmbra (Malaga port) are listed as full.  Does silverseas add additional excursion or capacity closer to the date or just plan on booking my own tour.  Seems like they don’t realize how popular those tours are which is surprising.  They charge extra so you think they would add some . 

Our limited experience says that all excursions and dining show as unavailable when postings first go up, which often occurs long before the voyage.  They also tend to change a lot that far out.  IIRC, none were released for booking until 120 days prior to departure date.

Most of the excursions are bookable.   The seville and alahabra have a similar message not sure if this is why they show them full (they aren't showing waitlisted like you could get on the list: 

FULL
  • $129.00
  • SEVILLE! (XRY-B)
  • Cádiz, Spain
  • Few destinations in Spain can match the splendid beauty, charm and architecture of this historic city. The city of Seville is famous worldwide for its culture, monuments, traditions and artistic heritage and is the birthplace of Flamenco. This full-day tour explores the sights of Seville, along with some free time for lunch and independent exploration Points of interest seen on this excursion may include: Seville, City Centre, Reales Alcazares Palace, La Giralda Mosque, Cathedral, Old Jewish Quarter, Plaza America, Plaza de España Reservation note: Due to the particular reservation system of the Alcazar of Seville, entrance tickets are not guaranteed until 1 month before the call, therefore this tour is booked on wait list. If Silversea manage to get group tickets (nominative tickets with each Guest Passport number) for the suitable entrance time, the waitlisted bookings will be cleared following the order of the reservation date. A message will be e-mailed to all waitlisted Silversea Guests to notify the confirmation of their booking. Guests are advised to bring their passport with them on tour as Alcazar will check that names and passport number of each guest correspond to the ticket purchased. Please make sure Silversea has your passport details.

I have also noticed that the 2025 excursions are very limited.  Quite often when I look at the 2024 excursions on the website there are many more at the same ports so I'm hoping this is just timing.

Seville is very cool and IMO Reales Alcazares Palace is the highlight.

Edited by RetiredandTravel
  • Like 2

received this from my TA:  "I called Silversea today with your question about the tours that they offer. The agent that I spoke with said that he does not think that what you are seeing on the website is correct. They are in the process of loading tours for 2025. He thinks it's not fully updated yet. He said to check back in a couple days."  I hope that is the case, I would prefer to book the SS tours since I have $1500 OBC.  

19 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

received this from my TA:  "I called Silversea today with your question about the tours that they offer. The agent that I spoke with said that he does not think that what you are seeing on the website is correct. They are in the process of loading tours for 2025. He thinks it's not fully updated yet. He said to check back in a couple days."  I hope that is the case, I would prefer to book the SS tours since I have $1500 OBC.  

SS must still be adding things.  Our Sept 2025 ray voyage doesn't have any excursions listed yet for 3  port stops.  However, when we booked our 2024 voyage on Moon (14 months in advance) there was at least one excursion we wanted that was already full.  It has not opened up yet.  

Based on my (small) experience tours can be added or cancelled even a couple of months before sailing. I would get on waitlists and keep checking.

I had a case where one of the tours I thought I signed up for had the reservation (apparently) disappear. I think it showed full. I called up and was put back on the tour.

The Alhambra in Granada should not be missed. Getting tickets is a project. Worth an entire day.

• Like 1