We have a scooter for my wife couldn't get a handicapped cabin where can we charge it?

dawcruiser

3 minutes ago, landlocked12 said:

It never occurred to me that we could bring a scooter if we were unable to book a fully accessible cabin. I thought it was a requirement that we be able to keep it in the cabin. 

It is supposed to be a requirement that the scooter be kept in the cabin, or the crew/staff store it, and it should always be enforced. 
However, that doesn't necessarily require an accessible cabin. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, landlocked12 said:

Ever since my mom has needed mobility aids, we have limited our cruises to ones where we could get an accessible cabin and at least two other cabins nearby for the rest of our family. 

I’m wondering if it would be helpful and encourage more people who use scooters to cruise if HAL offered a “reservation” for a parking/ charging space at the time of booking. (With regard to what Ruth said earlier in this thread, the service is available.) It could be offered with the reminder that scooters cannot be left in hallways.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Whatever. I asked the steward and the front desk , with pictures above and those scooters are approved. They do not block emergency exits. Don't shoot the messenger!!!!!!

The blue one absolutely would block me access to the hand rail. As a disabled person I use the hand rails at all times when walking on the ship. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2023 at 3:59 PM, RuthC said:

I've been renting a scooter from the HAL approved companies for years. Until my last cruise, I have also booked cabins that are not accessible; I have just chosen cabins that will fit inside. 
The scooters do fit through a normal door. It's once you get inside that the problems start. 

Is there storage space? Not in most cabins. Is there room to turn around? Again, not in most cabins. 
I have found inside cabins on every class of ship, except the Pinnacle class), that will accept a scooter with plenty of room. A regular Neptune Suite on a Pinnacle class ship will accept a scooter with plenty of room for storage and to turn around; I've done it. 

To answer the OP's question, if the scooter will not comfortably fit in the cabin, then, when you go go the cabin, you can call the Front Desk, and they will send someone to pick it up, store and charge it overnight. Then, call again in the morning, when you are ready to leave, and it will be brought to you. 

Even better, if this is not for a solo, and one person in the party is mobile, then that person can drive the scooter to the Front Desk, and pick it up when needed again. 
The scooter will be stored and charged, but this will eliminate the wait until a staff person can attend to it. 

Great information. I never knew that. My brother had a problem with the scooter. I wish I had known this then. Thank you