Making Group Dining Reservations on Princess App

Losingcontrol36

Just now, Losingcontrol36 said:

We are trying to book a table for (14) people on a Princess cruise.  The app will not let us.  We contacted Princess in an attempt to get this problem fixed and have not had any sucess.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

As soon as you board, make them directly with staff at the dining reservations podium. 

We have a group of 20. We did 3 separate reservations at the same time,  tables of 6,6,8. We can't all sit together as there are no tables big enough.  We're just going to see if we can get 3 tables next to each other and rotate between them.  Crossing my fingers. 

• Like 1

There are 9 of us and I made Dine My Way reservations over 5 months ago. After some initial teething problems I was able to reserve a table for 9 at the same time, same restaurant every night. About 10 days ago I checked again and got this message “Party split across multiple tables”. I tried calling Princess and also Live Chat with no real assurance that our problem has or will be solved. I have been able to go back into the app and change the first 3 nights of our cruise as requested and confirmed initially, but after that the “Party split across multiple tables” message again for the rest of the cruise. Fellow cruisers have suggested talking to the maitre d’ on our first night, but just concerned that a table for 9 will not be available after those first 3 nights. 

To the best of my knowledge, *most* ships have a max table size of 8 persons.  (I'm sure someone will chime in and say "Oh no...we've sat at a larger table before"!)  Maybe so...but the reservation system CANNOT handle tables/parties larger than 8.  The only *sure* way to settle this is to see the people at the restaurant as soon as you get on board.  It's possible that they might not be able to accommodate you on the first night...but maybe.

47 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

To the best of my knowledge, *most* ships have a max table size of 8 persons.  (I'm sure someone will chime in and say "Oh no...we've sat at a larger table before"!)  Maybe so...but the reservation system CANNOT handle tables/parties larger than 8.  The only *sure* way to settle this is to see the people at the restaurant as soon as you get on board.  It's possible that they might not be able to accommodate you on the first night...but maybe.

But I still don’t understand why the reservation system has accepted and shown a table for 9 for the past 5 months, unless it’s just another quirk of the Medallion app. 

6 hours ago, redtop101 said:

But I still don’t understand why the reservation system has accepted and shown a table for 9 for the past 5 months, unless it’s just another quirk of the Medallion app. 

Ah...you're booking via the app...!  I have never done that; I always book dining reservations via the "web version" in the cruise personalizer.  That way, I can see much more of the day schedules due to the large amount of screen real estate on my desktop PC.  I cannot speak to the process via the app.  I've learned long ago that it is just so much easier when you can see much more than what the app shows on a phone.

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hello. We cruised in a group of 9 people on the Discovery Princess in January 2024. We had to make two reservations (via the app), one for 5 and the other for 4 people and were told to visit the MDR after boarding to have them combine our reservations into one. We ate in two different MDRs during our cruise and were seated together at one table every time. They could definitely have fit 10 at our table. Not sure about 12 or 14. 

Edited by Chabelita545