Seatrade article on Explora Journeys 2025-2026 itineraries

Stickman1990

1 hour ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Brave person that books an Explorer cruise that far out

Not really - you can’t even book air or hotels that far out so it’s very low risk in terms of only 10% deposit with (for us) a 40% discount - for me that’s a good deal worth doing 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Not really - you can’t even book air or hotels that far out so it’s very low risk in terms of only 10% deposit with (for us) a 40% discount - for me that’s a good deal worth doing 

I agree, and hotel reservations have always been easy to cancel. For several years now, airline reservations have been refundable too. Even Explora's $200 cancelation fee is available to use as a future cruise credit. The sale is just too good to pass up. I hope the extended schedule becomes available at sale prices.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Can actually anyone see the itineraries for summer 2025 and after?

The only cruises I see they go until May 2025.

No - same here - I couldn’t reconcile the headline of the article with reality (now there’s something new - not!)

Hopefully the 2025/2026 itineraries are put soon - now just how solid they are is another matter altogether

19 minutes ago, frankhi said:

Today I see dates through March 2026 and on sale too!

Thanks - I can see out to a cruising ending 10 April 2026 from here in Australia

The listings right now ( I think they've just been loaded) are a bit of a dogs breakfast with many having the same route map (of a Med tour) as opposed to the correct one

Explora2026.thumb.png.1747443bcc1e507a59a22b8536a475eb.png

I'm afraid the Explora website is vying for the title of one of the worst to navigate and find information out from - fingers crossed it improves as I have to ask my TA for a lot of the basic info to try and make comparisons and understand just what is on offer

Edited by Stickman1990

Talk about boring itineraries.  Probably have to wait until Explora III and IV before they venture away form same old boring Med and Caribbean.   Even repeating the same Middle East cruises which will likely change if 2024 sailings don't do well.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

No - same here - I couldn’t reconcile the headline of the article with reality (now there’s something new - not!)

Hopefully the 2025/2026 itineraries are put soon - now just how solid they are is another matter altogether

Spoke with my TA yesterday and he was only able to see as you report

1 hour ago, Lord Haw Haw said:

I struggle to see how they will manage to obtain enough bookings on Explora 1 to justify four months in the middle east from November 2025 to February 2026, maybe I'm wrong but I think in the current climate many travellers would be hesitant. 

It is for the 2025-26 winter season with tons of Russians still with access to the UAE. They'll perhaps to do great with that client base. If things would be set to degrade at the region they'll likely to redeploy again.