Panama Canal questions

hasentreelake

5 hours ago, hasentreelake said:

After considering everyone's comments, feedback, suggestions, and cost, we booked Summit for April 2025 Panama Canal transit after comparing with Coral Princess.

We selected a SV (9201).  The SV may not be the best location for the transit, but we will likely be moving about the ship during transit and we may find it a good viewing location.  And we'll be aft for all other ports just like we prefer 🙂

The cost of the Summit SV was comparable to the CP Premium Balcony.  We know what the X experience is and are happy with it even knowing of all the cuts.  We can make do with fewer wine options for 2 weeks.  
I know others are looking at options other than X for future cruises but at this time we are sticking with X for Spring and Fall of '24 and Spring of '25.  

M-class aft cabins are always the best (I booked one, too). 😉 FYI, the aft cabin immediately below yours (8185, longer balcony also) is still open.  It might be quieter - it won't have the occasion chair scraping from above that I've heard when I book Deck 9.  But then I use a white noise app for sleeping, so it never bothers me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very good advice from someone who really knows what they are talking about (she basically lives back there).  You won't be sorry.  Having the public deck above the Deck 9 aft cabins is a drawback and is remedied by going to Deck 8 (which is were we are for this coming April's transit).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hasentreelake said:

Thank You for your advice.
Been a while since we booked M class.  We changed our cabin to 8185!

You booked a great stateroom for the Canal.  Excellent views from a really big balcony.  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

We had an Edge SV going through Panama Canal in March.  We didn’t specifically book it for the Panama Canal views but it was cool to see the view from the rear going through the Locks.  However the best views are in the front of the ship, which I assume there will be general viewing areas on the ship.  Just make sure you get up early to get your spot 

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2023 at 4:31 PM, goofysmom99 said:

M-class aft cabins are always the best (I booked one, too). 😉 FYI, the aft cabin immediately below yours (8185, longer balcony also) is still open.  It might be quieter - it won't have the occasion chair scraping from above that I've heard when I book Deck 9.  But then I use a white noise app for sleeping, so it never bothers me.

Well, I know the very best cabin, but it’s not gonna happen for me…

Our first Celebrity cruise in 2002 was in a Summit Penthouse suite—a special one-time treat.  If I had the choice of any cabin in the entire Celebrity fleet (including the fancy-pants Iconic suite) I’d choose  a Millenium class PH because of the fabulous balcony.  What can I say, I’m a balcony gal.

I know I can place a Move-Up bid, but considering my perfect record of never ever winning a bid, not holding my breath.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, raudacruise said:

Well, I know the very best cabin, but it’s not gonna happen for me…

Our first Celebrity cruise in 2002 was in a Summit Penthouse suite—a special one-time treat.  If I had the choice of any cabin in the entire Celebrity fleet (including the fancy-pants Iconic suite) I’d choose  a Millenium class PH because of the fabulous balcony.  What can I say, I’m a balcony gal.

I know I can place a Move-Up bid, but considering my perfect record of never ever winning a bid, not holding my breath.

You are so right about the M-class penthouse!  I have a couple of upcoming cruises on Summit, traveling with dear friends and family who will be in the PH (it's a repeat of our cruises together last year).  We're in three adjacent cabins and will again have cabin attendant open all the balcony dividers.  It's a hoot to skip using the hallway and just knock on each other's "back doors."  That is such an awesome suite - we all make use of every inch of it. 😍

• Like 1