Are set dining times being honored on the Ascent?

dleahy4444

We sail on the Ascent this January and have a set dining time of 8:30. On our previous  sailing on the Beyond in October of 2022 we had the same designated dinner time, only to be met with long lines at the main dining venues. Apparently on that sailing the dining times were not being honored and it was a “first come, first served” situation. 

What is the story on the Ascent? Will our set dinner time be honored? I’ve read that larger groups have hadn’t problems, but it just my husband and me. 

We had select dining but we made reservations for 8 to 8:30 on most nights. On a few occasions we showed up early and were immediately accommodated as there was no waiting. I have since learned that there were only about 2500+/- passengers on our sailing so that might have had something to do with the lack of wait time. I recommend you check in with the Md when you’re ready and go from there. It can’t hurt to show up a little early. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2023 at 6:52 PM, dleahy4444 said:

We sail on the Ascent this January and have a set dining time of 8:30. On our previous  sailing on the Beyond in October of 2022 we had the same designated dinner time, only to be met with long lines at the main dining venues. Apparently on that sailing the dining times were not being honored and it was a “first come, first served” situation. 

What is the story on the Ascent? Will our set dinner time be honored? I’ve read that larger groups have hadn’t problems, but it just my husband and me. 

If you're referring to the later of two fixed seatings, those don't exist on E-class ships. There's no fixed early or fixed late dining. The website lets you book it but it's just a leftover artifact of the booking system and will not be honored onboard.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss

9 minutes ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

If you're referring to the later of two fixed seatings, those don't exist on E-class ships. There's no fixed early or fixed late dining. The website lets you book it but it's just a leftover artifact of the booking system and will not be honored onboard.

Thanks. That’s what I suspected. When we were on the Beyond TA last year it was a zoo, long lines 45 min wait to be seated. The app wouldn’t let us reserve a time since we had an assigned time, regardless that it wasn’t being honored.  

On 12/6/2023 at 9:52 PM, dleahy4444 said:

Celebrity calls it "Anytime Dining".  You show up when you want to dine.  So called reservations are not honored.

• Thanks 1