Tender Process

I haven't taken a cruise with a tender port in some years and I'm not sure of the process. We will NOT have a ship-sponsored excursion in port. The port is Belize and the ship is Vision class, if that matters. We are NOT diamond and won't have The Key.

Is it first come/first ashore? Is there a ticket process? If the latter, when do we get our tickets? Our tour is private, so they will wait for us, but I want to be respectful of our guide's time and get off the ship as early as we can. Thanks in advance. 

Just now, printingchick said:

I haven't taken a cruise with a tender port in some years and I'm not sure of the process. We will NOT have a ship-sponsored excursion in port. The port is Belize and the ship is Vision class, if that matters. We are NOT diamond and won't have The Key.

Is it first come/first ashore? Is there a ticket process? If the latter, when do we get our tickets? Our tour is private, so they will wait for us, but I want to be respectful of our guide's time and get off the ship as early as we can. Thanks in advance. 

I booked a rcl excursion and assumed they got priority. Said meet at the green tent in the port. Went down, told walk to aft from forward. Aft sidewalk forward, then back. So disorganized. 

They didnt seem to care I was trying to get to a rcl sponsored excursion. Wouldnt again. Might have been caymans.

One nice thing about Belize tenders, they take your scooters onboard the tender,though they were in the sun.

They may have a time to pick up tender tickets or they may not. I can’t speak specifically for Belize, but on my recent Greenland cruise, it was open tender boarding for all 3 tender ports. And recently on my daughter’s Navigator cruise, they had a time to pick up tickets for Cabo, but started passing them out early, which wasn’t announced.

If they do pass out tickets, pay attention to time, and maybe check an hour before. Only one person needs to be there to pick up their parties tickets.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1