MIA to MIA 13 Dec - 22 Dec

PrivateIdaho

1 hour ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

We’re in Canada.

Cold winters and nonstops daily to Miami and Barbados. San Juan nonstop on weekends and one change otherwise.

What’s not to like?!

Enjoy we are heading out on the Oceania Vista end of January and will first hand be able to experience both ships

• Like 1

Embarked yesterday morning. We had an early flight and arrived at terminal C as stated on our paperwork. Unfortunately Explora was docked at terminal E. Quickly walked over, in the wind & rain, pulling our luggage. Luckily we were allowed to enter the check-in area early to get out of the weather. Check-in began at 11am and we were allowed to board at 11:30. We were greeted at the entrance with Champagne and a “Dad joke” from one of our favorite hosts, Kennedy. Spent the rest of the afternoon showing our daughter around the ship and enjoyed lunch at Marketplace. Easily acquired an additional reservation at Marble & Co and had another outstanding dinner. Attended the show in the Journey Lounge and considering all the recent negative reviews, we enjoyed the band and the two singers. 

Seas are a little rougher this morning & we are off to the gym. Today and tomorrow are sea days. Fingers crossed we see some sunshine. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, safarigal said:

Looks like we are heading back towards the States again due to a medical emergency. No word as yet on how this will impact our itinerary.

I hope this has a very positive outcome for the person involved 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, safarigal said:

Looks like we are heading back towards the States again due to a medical emergency. No word as yet on how this will impact our itinerary.

Medical evacuation was accomplished and we are again headed South. We now have another sea day and will miss our Saint Kitts port. Captain kept us well informed and we wish the best for our fellow passenger. 

The weather heading back to Miami was some of the worst I’ve experienced on a cruise. Very rough sailing. 

IMG_0709.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oh2Bcruisin said:

Question, does Explora offer any onboard booking discounts or benefits?

Thanks in advance. 

However during the current sale period the onboard discounts were not given on any sale cruise 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PrivateIdaho said:

One of the large conservatory windows was broken. I asked how that could have happened. Nobody seems to know or they aren’t sharing that info. 

IMG_7964.jpeg

It happened on our cruise spontaneously nothing hit it. But being safety skinned no glass fell out. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PrivateIdaho said:

One of the large conservatory windows was broken. I asked how that could have happened. Nobody seems to know or they aren’t sharing that info. 

IMG_7964.jpeg

It was a jealous and disgruntled Seabourn shill on a drunken rampage two weeks ago ....

Actually, I'm pretty sure it did actually happen on our sailing.  I was wondering if it was a stress fracture but my partner wondered if the wind had thrown a chaise lounge chair on a particularly windy day. The outer decks were closed for a few hours until Heike and the Captain gave the "all clear".

Oooops .... I just saw that uktog beat me to the punch!

The initial "new" Viking ships (also built by Fincantieri) had more than their fair share of shower stall glass enclosures also spontaneously shatter.

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Thanks 1

I was supposed to be on that cruise , I did cancel because I was not satisfied at all after the second day despite she is a beautiful ship 

so I booked another cruise on another brand new ship :

I did receive a full bottle of premium  wodka - 1 liter instead of 20 cl😁

I did not have to pay extra for a cognac vsop , nor for an Elyx wodka , neither for a Macallan 12 years as on Explora 

and I couldchose from + 25 inclusive wines even Sancerre and Chablis 

I paid 139 dollar for a upper medium Champagne instead of 280 euro

I paid 92 $ for a well known Rosé Champagne   instead of 155 euro

and finally 252 dollar for a top rated Champagne instead of 370 euro 

that is the very truth !! nobody can deny or embellish those facts.

conclusion :   wine lovers stay away unless the wiseguys at MSC  HQ in Genève are realising they are VERY wrong ...

3 hours ago, vistaman said:

I was supposed to be on that cruise , I did cancel because I was not satisfied at all after the second day despite she is a beautiful ship 

so I booked another cruise on another brand new ship :

I did receive a full bottle of premium  wodka - 1 liter instead of 20 cl😁

I did not have to pay extra for a cognac vsop , nor for an Elyx wodka , neither for a Macallan 12 years as on Explora 

and I couldchose from + 25 inclusive wines even Sancerre and Chablis 

I paid 139 dollar for a upper medium Champagne instead of 280 euro

I paid 92 $ for a well known Rosé Champagne   instead of 155 euro

and finally 252 dollar for a top rated Champagne instead of 370 euro 

that is the very truth !! nobody can deny or embellish those facts.

conclusion :   wine lovers stay away unless the wiseguys at MSC  HQ in Genève are realising they are VERY wrong ...

Did you cancel after the second day on the ship?