Gift Basket for New to Cruising family member

SRQMom

I always follow the "less is more" philosophy when cruising.  A gift "basket" would be too large.  A gift "bag" that they can repurpose as a dirty laundry bag might work.  Little things that are easily packable that fit inside the gift bag.

New cruisers might like a handful of GIN-GINs and a small tube of Dramamine tablets in case of motion sickness.  

-small bandage/bandaid packet with 8 bandaid strips

-a small travel bottle of antiseptic, small travel toothpaste tube, small toothbrush in a case, small travel deodorants

-international/universal plug that also has USB "A" and "C" ports

-a pack of lightning and/ore USB A and C cables

Use the soaps available on board, so no need for those.  Urge them to take only an overhead roll aboard and back pack on board.  They'll thank you when they are both embarking and disembarking.

• Like 2

I am a huge proponent of traveling carry-on only BUT the point at which luggage becomes a burden rather than a blessing very much depends on a few things.  Dragging it all over Europe through train stations?  Definitely bring the bare minimum.  Doing a land trip and renting a car at the airport?  Might as well bring some useful/enjoyable extras.  Cruising out of our home port (New York) is an opportunity to indulge in what I would normally consider excessive luggage.  Simply walk it out the front door, throw it in a cab and check it immediately on arrival at the pier.  No problem there.  OP lives in Florida so they are likely driving to the port rather than flying.

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST.  NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED. 

I am a huge proponent of traveling carry-on only BUT the point at which luggage becomes a burden rather than a blessing very much depends on a few things.  Dragging it all over Europe through train stations?  Definitely bring the bare minimum.  Doing a land trip and renting a car at the airport?  Might as well bring some useful/enjoyable extras.  Cruising out of our home port (New York) is an opportunity to indulge in what I would normally consider excessive luggage.  Simply walk it out the front door, throw it in a cab and check it immediately on arrival at the pier.  No problem there.  OP lives in Florida so they are likely driving to the port rather than flying.

Edited by Travelling2Some