ever tried to change your cabin on Chat?

sunsetme

You can do it, it even worked for me after an upgrade bid put me above a lounge with late-night bands playing. The rep couldn't do it herself, but had to send a request to the office that handled it, which makes sense, because often room changes involve fare differentials, an opportunity to sell an upgrade, and if it were super easy, they'd be overwhelmed by such requests. 

After unproductive phone calls and emails I tried chat. It took less than 5 minutes (we were top of the wait list so that may have helped.) Our account was updated and we received a confirmation email right away. 

7 hours ago, Nora86 said:

After unproductive phone calls and emails I tried chat. It took less than 5 minutes (we were top of the wait list so that may have helped.) Our account was updated and we received a confirmation email right away. 

If there was an increase in the cost, were they able to handle it, or did they have to pass that off to someone who handles finances?  

I got no where with chat. Every time the number of people in front of me dwindled to 1, I got thrown back behind others. No agent ever chatted with me, so I called. I wanted to take advantage of the latest sale and upgrade offer, but the agent said it was for new bookings only. I've never had Princess deny me before as long as I was prior to final pay date, and as long as my deposit was refundable. I cancelled and re-booked.

Edited by roomba920

38 minutes ago, Nora86 said:

No increase in cost. It was from a mini suite to an accessible mini suite, that's what I meant by top of the waiting list. It was in the same category so it was a lateral move anyway.

I got one of the Princess upgrades that was not really an upgrade so I went on chat to get my original cabin back. During the chat I jokingly said "you could upgrade me to a mini suite" and to my surprise the rep asked which one I wanted!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I got one of the Princess upgrades that was not really an upgrade so I went on chat to get my original cabin back. During the chat I jokingly said "you could upgrade me to a mini suite" and to my surprise the rep asked which one I wanted!

That's amazing!! Congratulations!!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Pickels said:

If there was an increase in the cost, were they able to handle it, or did they have to pass that off to someone who handles finances?  

They just send a new booking confirmation with the amount due.  You can pay on the Princess website. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

I was on chat this morning with Princess for a refare and change of cabin.  When I checked online last, our cruise was cheaper by $600 cad. I also wanted to change cabin to starboard side, not only did chat change our cabin, they got me a price that was $1400 less than I booked as well as upgrading plus package to premier at no extra cost. It’s just too bad our cruise isn’t til April of 2025

2 hours ago, rocker57 said:

I was on chat this morning with Princess for a refare and change of cabin.  When I checked online last, our cruise was cheaper by $600 cad. I also wanted to change cabin to starboard side, not only did chat change our cabin, they got me a price that was $1400 less than I booked as well as upgrading plus package to premier at no extra cost. It’s just too bad our cruise isn’t til April of 2025

How did you get them to give you the latest sale? When I called, they told me it was for new bookings only, even though we don't sail till April 2025, and it's fully refundable now.

Edited by roomba920

1 hour ago, roomba920 said:

How did you get them to give you the latest sale? When I called, they told me it was for new bookings only, even though we don't sail till April 2025, and it's fully refundable now.

Ours isn’t til then as well, our deposit is refundable. I just asked for it to be refared

. She then gave me a price that was about $168 cheaper than our original fare, and I told her the quote on line was $8500, $600 cheaper. She said she would look, and then came back with this much lower number, who was I to argue lol. If they wouldn’t of done it, I would of cancelled cruise and then just rebooked

• Like 1